fourty-one | 41

as you walked into class still groggy from last night, zenitsu was nowhere to be found. you clicked on your phone to see it was only 10:42 am. you walked over to your booth and sat down. you opened the groupchat and scrolled down to the more recent messages.

surprisingly , nothing had been shared there either. you typed around on the screen to catch up with everyone.

"hey guys!"

[tanjirou🤍]: "hello 😃."

"where's everyone at?"

[inosuke😒]: "[y/n] you're an a*s."

"tf did i do?"

[inosuke😒]: "zenitsu told us about you and that f*ck face."

[tanjirou🤍]: "in better words, zenitsu said he didn't feel comfortable around both you and gyutaro because of the fight you both had."

"oh.."

[ bestie boo🤞]: "i'm sorry [y/n], i think we should stay away from each other for a little while."

"because of a little f*cking fight??"

[bestie boo🤞]: "because everytime we talk it's always about gyutaro or tengen. on top of that, you never have time to hang out anymore. you're always with one of your boyfriends."

"we hang out in class ..?"

[bestie boo🤞]: "i don't want to just talk to you in class! i want to go out and do karaoke or something. like we used to."

"are you being serious?"

[inosuke😒]: "[y/n] we're gonna give you space for now."

inosuke😒 left the group chat.

bestie boo🤞left the group chat.

[tanjirou🤍]: "i'm sorry [y/n]. i'll be here if you need me. i'm sure they'll come around."

you shut off your phone as tears brimmed your eyes. if this was how everyone was feeling, why didn't they come to you beforehand? "[y/n] can make sure you get your sketches down by the end of class?"

you quickly wipe your face and look up. tengen stood before you, arms crossed. "and could you please not send explicit photos to my phone at early hours of the morning?" he requested.

you gasp and open your phone. you didn't even remember sending the photo to tengen. you look up at him in bewilderment.

"i'm so sorry i-" "i don't care. it's inappropriate behavior i won't be tolerating." tengen stated as he stepped away from your booth and walked further down the stairs to assist other students. you heart rate increased as you watched him walk away. your breathing became shaky as you relentlessly fought your tears to stay at bay.

there was nothing more you could do. you had made friends then blew it. you finally had a chance of finding a good lover and you blew that as well. "god you're so f*cking selfish." you mumble. light, silent tears drip from your eyes. you couldn't stand to be in this room any longer.

you needed to get away; to be alone. you quickly gather your things and stand abruptly."[y/n] did you need something?" tengen called up.

you stayed silent, quickly walking towards the door. as you peered down, your eyes matched with tengen's. he didn't say anything nor give you a look of sympathy. that was the breaking point that caused you to run out of the room, not being able to fight the tears any longer.