thirty-five | 35

Tengen smiled as he looked down at your sleeping body. You were cuddled up under his arm snoring lightly. After your earlier ordeal, you had both gotten into bed and cuddled up. You had random conversations about yourself and family. After you had mentioned you'd never seen Princess and The Frog, he turned it on for you to watch.

"No wonder you've never seen it. You can't stay awake to watch it." Tengen chuckled. You shifted under his arm causing him to loosen his grip. He blinked and looked up at the wall. His mind started to wander.

"I hope I'm doing enough for you to see I really like you, [Y/N]." He sighed. He closed his eyes and sighed once more. Even the little things he did like texting you Goodmorning or taking you to lunch was for a reason. He wanted to put in effort.

As much as he didn't want to admit it, he always wanted to one up Gyutaro. He knew there was competition, and his ego was already bruised. Although he had the confidence, he often wondered if that would be enough to win you over.

He couldn't just hope that you would choose him, he needed to make sure you would choose him. Tomorrow would be the last day for you to decide. That's why today had to count.

Tengen knew if he could at least spend the last day with you, maybe it would boost his chances. Maybe provoking Gyutaro before wasn't the brightest idea, but he didn't know what to do. He was threatened by him. Not necessarily of him as a person, but the fact that you even liked him meant Tengen would be threatened.

He didn't want you to worry about anyone else but him. He couldn't be as possessive of you yet because you weren't together. But he'd be damned if he watched Gyutaro steal you right in front of his very own eyes. He slowly reached over to click on his phone.

The time read eight-fourty seven AM. He turned on his camera and put the front flash on. Only half of his face was in the frame, but you could still see him smiling.

Your face was slightly smooshed into his shoulder and your lips were parted. He chuckled and took the photo. As he brought the screen down to his face, he smiled. It was a smile he couldn't quite control. Just your mere presence was enough for him to be happy.

He sat the phone screen down on his chest and took in a breath.

"God you're so beautiful [Y/N]." He whispered. He slowly pushed you off of his arm and walked into the bathroom. He shut the door before turning on the light. He began to brush his teeth and wash his face. He needed to get ready to open the classroom up for today.

After he finished freshening himself up, he exited the bathroom to find some clothing.

"Oh, hey." You yawned. Tengen looked at you and smiled. "Good morning My Love." He replied. He walked over to his closet and turned on the light. He pulled out a pair of dark grey jeans and a green and while plaid shirt.

He got dressed and pulled his hair back into a ponytail leaving some stands down around his face. He looked up at you as you were throwing your legs over the side of the bed.

"I'm getting ready to go to the school, do you want to come?" He asked. "Yeah, let me clean up and change." You respond. He nods and exits the room. He walks down the stairs and starts to grab the keys.

You walk down the stairs with your hoodie and sweatpants on. "Ready?" He asks. You nod before yawning again. He dramatically bows down towards the door and motions for you to walk out. You giggle and do a little strut as you walk past. Tengen laughs behind you causing you to laugh too.

"Are you hungry?" He asks as you both get into the car. "Not really, no." You say. You lean your head back against the seat and close your eyes. "If you're still sleepy I can take you home." Tengen says.

"No no it's alright." You say. Tengen doesn't say anything and starts the car. You keep your eyes closed as he drives. You still felt happy from yesterday. You were happy that you always created such good memories with Tengen.

"Maybe I will choose you." You thought to yourself, smiling.

Was there ever really any competition to begin with?