two | 2

you picked up the rest of your pencils as you finished packing your bag. zenistu had already packed up and had gone to the bathroom until you finished.

"[y/l/n], come here please." the man below called. you made your way down the stairs that lead to the stage of the room. "yes sir?" "call me professor tengen ." he huffed.

"alright 'professor tengen' ," you mocked. "what do you need?" you question. he stepped from behind his canvas, slowly approaching you. his face was low, eyeing you intensely. the atmosphere in the room became thick. your muscles tensed up as he drew nearer.

your heart began to beat rapidly in your chest. his pale lavender eyes bore into yours. "you know i can't have you being late, right?" he questioned. his voice was low, and haunting. it rang in your ears like a humming bell. "i don't want you to get in the habit of being late, [y/l/n]." he continued. your palms were steadily growing sweaty.

him being so close to you made you feel extremely nervous. with his face just inches from yours he looked you dead in the eyes. "don't. be. late." he said. at that moment, zenitsu walked back in, calling for you.

"hey [y/n], you ready yet?" he questioned. he looked between tengen and you, then back at you. you nod quickly, looking back at tengen.
as you walk away, tengen calls: "remember what i said [y/l/n]." you ignore him as you continue to leave the room. as soon as you're out, zenitsu looks at you.

"geez, what was that about?" he asked. you shrug your shoulders. "he was just telling me to make sure i get to class on time."

"hm." zenitsu hummed. "the air in there was thick."  it made you feel a little bit better that he had noticed the energy shift in the room, too.  "well I'm gonna go meet back up with tanjirou and inosuke, do you think i could maybe have your number?" zenitsu sheepishly smiled. "just cause you know class work and stuff!"

you giggle at his remarks. he was horrible at talking to girls. he was cute, though. you were sure he could get a girlfriend if he wasn't so shy.

"yeah of course!" you smiled. you exchanged numbers before heading your separate ways.