twleve | 12

you sat alone in your stall, staring at your table. zenitsu hadn't shown up for class today, so you didn't have anyone to talk to. you mushed your finger into the clay, rolling little balls before flicking them off into the unknown.

"good morning, [y/n]." tengen said. he leaned over your table to see what you were doing. upon inferring that you were just sitting there, he sighed.

"are you alright?" he asked.  "yeah. just bored." you reply. "you know you don't have to come to class right? most people are just in college for the experience." he shrugs. which was true.

"nah, i just like art. that's the only reason i show up here." you smile. "so it's not to see my beautiful face?" he smiles. you shake your head, shrugging your shoulders. "speaking of which," you start. "who's gyutaro ?" you ask. tengen's smile was instantly replace with a scornful look. he squinted his eyes, taking a moment to think.

"he's a student of mine. he used to take this class but we got into it one day and hasn't been back since." he says. "why?"

"becauseI've started to talk to him. he seems really cool." "don't." tengen grips the sides of the table. you lean backwards a bit to steer clear of his rage.

"why?" you question.

"because, you shouldn't." tengen sighs. "someone's jealous." you mock. tengen doesn't even crack a smile. his face remains flat.

"he hasn't been in the classroom since last year. i heard he was trying to take the course again but he didn't show up with your class." he said.

"he was supposed to be in here?" you question. tengen solemnly nods his head. "it says so on my class roster." he shrugs. as if the devil himself had been listening to your conversation, the large wooden door that connected your classroom to the hallways flew open.

the classroom fell silent as we watched our visitor enter. a student nearby gasped once he stepped into the room. you looked over a tengen who had now tensed up. he stood straight up, staring gyutaro down as he walked over to you.

"oh sweet. hey [y/n]!" gyutaro smiled.

"tengen man! long time no see." gyutaro laughed as he patted tengens shoulder. "i'm in the right class right?" he asked. "yes. find a seat and i'll let inform you on the project." tengen said.

gyutaro took a seat next to you, where zenistu usually sat. he rocked his hips to get more comfortable in the plastic chair. "this seat taken?" he asked.

"when zenitsu comes back it'll be." you respond. "i'll find a way to sit up here with you guys." he says. even still, no one in the room spoke. there were only hushed whispers here and there.

you pondered the kind of issues that resided between tengen and gyutaro. tengen marched up the stairs with a thick slab of clay. he walked past your table and slapped it on gyutaro's .

"now, you're going to be making a classic statue of your liking. it can be something that already exists, or something new of your choice." tengen explains. "your deadline is four weeks from now."

"yeah man great." gyutaro replied. he smooshed a piece of the clay down, rolling it in his fingers as you had just previously done.
you watch tengen as he walks past your table. he side-eyes you as he passes.

you don't say anything but you instead watch him as he travels back down towards his table. "what are you gonna make?" gyutaro asks.

"not sure yet. maybe i'll catch some inspiration when we go out this weekend." you smile. "maybe this'll give you inspiration." he says.
he takes a piece of clay from the corner from his slab and begins to shape something.

you look over his shoulder but he quickly turns to the side. "no peeking." he laughs. his arms flexed as he continued to craft.

"gyutaro let me see!" you beg. you pull his shoulder back to try and get another look but to no avail. he turns and smears some wet clay against your cheek.

"you look like you're about to play football." he laughs while pointing in your face. "gyu!!" you cry. hey plafully wiped the grey matter off of your face as you smeared some on his bottom lip.

"two can play at that game." you chuckle. "you're absolutely right doll." he smiles mischievously. goosebumps rapidly rise on your arms. "would you like some lipstick as well then?" gyutaro laughs.

"GYU NO!" you shout. you're both a laughing mess as gyutaro slips some clay on the edge of his finger. he smears it around your top lip then leans back.

"that's one pretty sculpture i'd say." he says. "we should clean that up huh?" he asks, motioning to your lips.

"yeah, we should." you respond. "then come here. let me help you." he replies. you move to the edge of you stool, as gyutaro stands up.

he takes your chin in his hand, raising your head to look up at him. he starts to lean down towards you and you panic. you don't fight back, but you're not sure if you want to kiss him.

"what are you so scared for doll?" he asks. he takes the wet wiper that's in his hand and begins to wipe the clay from your face.

"you though i was going to kiss you, huh?" he chuckles. "i'd love to, just not yet." he winks.
he crumples the wipe up, removing himself out of the classroom. you assumed he went to the bathroom to clean himself up. you sat on your stool dazed.

"quite the show." tengen huffs. he has his back pressed against the wall behind you. his arms are crossed with one leg bent outwards from the wall.

he looked down at you, his usually resting bitch face in effect. "just messing around." you chuckle replying your mini clay fight with gyutaro .

"don't let it happen again." tengen hisses. you're  taken back his sudden attitude, but you quickly dismiss it. "jealous much, asshole?" you mumble under your breath.

"[y/n], see me after class." tengen bellows. the entire class turns to face you, quietly snickering or whispering. you knew tengen had yelled at you only to attract everyone's attention.

you peer up at him, ready to argue, but he's already begun walking down to his desk. silently cursing under your breath, you roll your eyes and continue cleaning your station.

"what'd you do while i was gone?" gyutaro asked. he was wiping off his face with a wet paper towel. "why'd tengen yell at you?"

"just being his usually bitchy self." you respond. gyutaro nods, sitting back down beside you.

"i'm gonna get outta here now." he says. "it was nice modeling clay with you." he winks.

you smile at him, flicking him off in the process. before he walks away, he bends down and wraps his arms around your torso from behind. your eyes widen at the sudden affection, but you melt into the intoxicating hug.

gyutaro smelled like fresh laundry mixed with a light scent of weed. it was oddly comforting. "i'll see you Friday." gyutaro whispers in your ear. with that, he waltz out of the room to an unknown destination.

your face warms as you think about gyutaro's arms that were once just wrapped around you. amidst your memories, you look down to see tengen staring right up at you, clearly jealous.