six | 6

"make sure your projects are ready for presentation tomorrow." tengen announced. after his announcement, everyone began to pack their things as they filed out of the classroom. "hey zenitsu go ahead and go. gonna try to say after to finish this up." you tell him.

"i'll see you tomorrow then?" he smiles.

"yeah for sure!" you wave. he gathers the rest of his belongings before exiting the room.

"professor-"

"no you can't stay. i have things to do today." tengen grumbles. "please! i really need to have this done and-"

"do it at home."

"i can't! i'll go home and sleep and i can't afford to fail!" you plead. tengen sighs, rolling his eyes at you. "you can't be here alone. you'll either have to go home out wait outside." he says. "but i don't want to drive home just to drive back again. and i'm sure as hell not standing outside the class to look stupid." you say.

"i have to go get some lunch. you can come with me if you'd like, but be out in two minutes." he says. without another word, he walks through the doors. you drop your pencils and follow him out. The walk to his car was silent. it was weird to think you had just been in his car last night.

he slides into the driver side as you slide into the passenger. "what do you plan on getting for lunch?" you ask to break the silence."i'm not sure. maybe you could help me choose?" he questions. you tap your chin trying to think.

"well I'm new around here. i'm not sure what's good." you shrug."then we can just go get some beef-bowls from a vender i know." he says. the car is filled with silence once again as he continues driving.

"[y/n]," tengen says. you avert your gaze to him as he continues. "do you have any boyfriends or anything like that?" he asks.
you cough a little from the question. it caught you by surprise surely."no. haven't really met anyone that i'm interested in yet." you respond. he hums at your answer. "why?" you question.

"just curious." he responds. "alright we're here." he says. stopping the car, you both get out walk over to a little stand.

"oh tengen! it's so good to see you !" a girl runs from behind the stand and wraps tengen in her arms. he smiles before returning the embrace. you watch from behind, standing uncomfortably.

"i was beginning to think you found a better noodle shop than ours !" she said. he laughed, rubbing the back of his neck."suma, I'd never stop coming here. seeing your beautiful face makes my day." he smiles. she giggles at his comment, kissing his cheek.

"SUMA WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US TENGEN WAS HERE???!" another girl with an apron on runs from behind the counter shouting. her blond bangs bounce around her face as she fully sprints towards them.

"TENGEN-!" she squeals. she leaps into his arms and he catches her. they both topple to the ground in a laughing fit.

"makio relax!" tengen cried. he lifted himself off of the ground before pulling her up. he embraces her into a hug before looking around.
"is hinatsuru here?" he questions. the girls both nod, calling for her.

an older looking girl comes from inside of the little stand, making her way to tengen. you watch as tengen's face lights up. you feel a little knot growing in your stomach.

"we're here for lunch. not converse with your little hoes." you think to yourself. you felt a little guilty judging them so quickly but you couldn't help it.

tengen bends down and plants a kiss on her cheek, to which she wraps her arms around his neck. they exchange some whispers, laughing throughout the encounter.

"TENGEN I WANT A KISS TOO!" makio cried. suma nodded her head eagerly beside her. he planted kisses on both of them. they jumped around a squealed.

so it seems tengen was the player type. you stomach growls a little, reminding everyone of your existence. "oh hi! i didn't realize we had a customer." suma smiled.

she walked behind the stand and motioned for you to come over. "actually, i'm -" "she's with me." tengen says. the three girls look at you before running up to you.

"YOU'RE SO CUTE!" makio clapped. "tengen finally picked a good one. i can tell." hinatsuru nodded."let's get our hair done together !" suma said.

"girl, girls, relax. we're just here to get food. we're not dating." tengen laughed. you smiled a little, letting tengen do the talking. he ordered two beef bowls before chatting with the girls a little more. with that, you were both walking back to his car, food in hand.

"who were they?" you ask once you've both gotten adjusted in the car. "some of my very close friends." he smiles.  "yeah i can see that." you mumble, rolling your eyes.

"sounds like someone's jealous." he mocks.
"never that. i could care less about you." you retaliate. "so you wouldn't care if i.." tengen turned to face you, unbuckling his seatbelt.

you turn in his direction, not willing to give him that satisfaction of being right. "if you what?" you hum. He doesn't say a word, instead, he continues to lean towards you, his face inches from yours. you lean in as well, breaking the distance faster.

"you really want to [y/n]?" tengens breath tickles the tip of your nose. you were too far in now. there was no way you weren't going in for the kill. you nod, pulling his face to yours. your lips touch lightly before firmly pressing together.