twenty-seven | 27

you and zenitsu sat inside of a wendy's lobby eating lunch. you left class early so that you'd have time to still work on your project. you didn't want to cram all of your work into one day. you offered gyutaro to come and eat lunch with you, but he decided to stay back and actually work on his clay.

zenitsu was tearing into his sandwhich while you drank on your coke. "you're quiet [y/n]." zenistu said, mouth full of food. "zenitsu, if i tell you this, promise me you won't tell anyone else." you blurt out.

zenitsu slows down his chewing and sits himself straight up. "can i tell tanjirou and inosuke ?" he questions. "okay fine. but only them." you deadpan.

"alright, it can't be that bad though." he shrugs. "well, i've been kind of seeing tengen in a romantic way and two days ago he told me he would give me two months before i had to choose between him and gyutaro." you explain.

zenitsu's face turns pink as he coughs on his food. "what? how did? and-" zenitsu rambled.

"i really like them both and i don't want to lose either of them. it's really been stressing me out lately." you say.

"tengen is OUR professor, [y/n]." he says in a tone that's clearly disgusted.

"i know i know, but we've already done some things that i can't take back now." you respond. "YOU HAD SEX WITH TE-" you clamp your hand around zenitsus' face and sit him back down in his booth.

"shut the hell up!" you whisper-shout to him. "i'm sorry [y/n], i don't know what to say." zenitsu says. "but that explains all the times he called you into the hallway."

"i just needed to say something." you sigh. "well, maybe you should take it up with tanjirou. he always knows what to say." you nod your head.

"how come you're getting more action than me and i've been here longer." zenitsu mumbles. you chuckle and throw a napkin at him. "maybe it's because you're too awkward." you say.

zenitsu's mouth gaped at your statement. "no i'm not!" he squealed. you laugh at his response. you look down and tap on your phone screen after it had buzzed. it was a message from tengen. you opened your phone and read it.

tengen: "7:00."

that was all the message said. you shift a little in your seat. you pull down the top of the screen where it read 2:14pm. you still had a little more then four hours before you had to get ready.

"what now?" zenistu asked, mouth full once again. "i'm thinking of what to wear to my date with tengen tonight." you say.

"date?"

"yeah. he asked me today." you respond. zenitsu nods and continues eating. he wasn't exactly sure of how to deal with the information yet.

while you eat, you decide to go shopping after lunch so you could find a dress. there were no kinds of fancy clothing that you could wear that you had.

"i'm full!" zenitsu exclaimed. he rubbed circles on his stomach as he slouched over in his seat.

"i have to go shopping." you say. "want a ride back to your dorm?" "please." zenistu said. "i would walk but i think i'll explode." you chuckle at his statement. you both leave the booth and walk out to your car.

the ride back was in a comfortable silence with a few words exchanged here and there.

"i hope murata is here." zenitsu said. "who's that?" you question.

"my roommate. you should meet him he's really cool." he responds. "maybe soon!"

zenitsu thanks you before grabbing his bags from your backseat. you watch him disappear into the rows of buildings before you drive away.

before you go home, you stop by a clothing store. the store read 'intellect' in italic letters. it seemed resonable enough for your taste. you get out of your car and lock the doors.

you walk into the store and are pleasantly surprised. it's exactly what you were looking for. ranging from cute jumpers to dresses and suits.

"need anything specific today?!" an employee asked as she approached you.

"no thank you!" you respond. she nods and walks back to tend with the front counter.

you push open racks of clothing touching the material on each. as you progress towards the back of the store, the clothing become richer. the material seems a lot more well-crafted and the prices raise.

"oh wow." you murmur. your hands rub across a soft velvet dress. taking it from the rack, you examine it. it was spaghetti strapped and forest green. the dress glistened with each movement. it seemed to be a kind of body-con dress. you decided this would fit your date tonight and took it up to the front counter.

you take it to front to ring it up and pay. "what a lovely choice." The the at the counter comments. "thank you." you smile. she bags your clothing, and you leave the store.

it was six o' clock on the dot when you arrived home. you hung your dress up on your closet door and go to shower. once you're out, you brush your hair back into a high ponytail and do some light makeup.

your satisfied with your and walk to your room to retrieve your dress. the Fannie material made it easy to slip on.

the dress hung just above your knees and outlined your shape well. you admired the way it bunched around your waist, just above your hips.

you open your closet door and rummage through your shoes. you found your golden heels that laced up to your calves.

just as you finish lacing the one on your left foot, your phone starts to ring. tengen's contact flashes on the screen. you accept the call and raise your phone to your ear.

"i'm outside, what's your apartment number?" he asks. "47." he then hangs up and you grab you purse and some lip gloss.  "this'll work." you say as you spray yourself down with perfume.

you snap a few pictures to post on your social medias later. before you shut your phone off, you notice it's 6:59. a few knocks ring out from the door, and you hurriedly open it. tengen's holding a large flower bouquet full of various flowers.

"oh wow." you murmur. you take the flowers from him and set them in the kitchen. they stand them upright in your sink so they don't fold over each other.

"you look stunning." tengen smiled.

"so do you." his hair was slicked back into a tight low bun. two strands on either side of his head hung down. he wore a black and white suit with a golden linked chain around his neck. he had on a golden watch as well.

"and you smell amazing." you smile. you walk up to him to give him a hug. he squeezes you before letting go.

"shall we?" he asks, motioning towards the hallway.

"we shall." you smile.