thirty-two | 32

the sun was slightly blinding you as you sat in your bedroom. but you didn't mind too much. your mind was in a world of its own. after today, you would have three days to decide whether you wanted to be with tengen or gyutaro .

you sighed, rubbing your temples. gyutaro had tried to give you his statue as it was crafted because of you, but you declined. it was something you wanted him to hold on to. through the past few weeks, you had gone out on various occasions with both gyutaro and tengen. just last week, tengen had taken you out bowling then for ice cream.

two days after that, gyutaro took you to a breakout room while you were both high. "bro how the hell did the bad cop get here if the lady there didn't talk to him about where she was." gyutaro questioned. you shrugged looking back in the wonky mirror. when you looked at yourself at a certain angle, a mustache and cop hat would appear you on you.

"gyu look at this." you chuckled. he moved into the mirror and began laughing. you started to laugh at his reaction until you were both hunched on your knees heaving. just thinking about the memory made you chuckle. yesterday though, you went to meet up with tanjirou, inosuke , and zenitsu to explain the situation.

"i don't really understand this but i'll be here for you [y/n]." tanjirou wrapped you in a hug. you hugged him back tightly. it was something you really needed. "yeah but i'm only here for the drama!" inosuke cheered. "who ya gonna pick?" he grilled.

"[y/n] why don't you just call off the bet?" zenitsu asked. "because i understand where he's coming from. i can't date them both," you start. "i'll eventually have to pick anyways, no one likes being shared." you remove yourself from your bed and walk into your kitchen. the lukewarm water felt nice in your dry mouth.

from the kitchen, you could hear your phone chime. you walk into your bedroom and turn on the screen.

tengen : "come stay the night with me."

you eyebrows raise in surprise. first you had already had a sleepover with gyutaro. now you going to have one with tengen? you begin to type on your screen.

[y/n]: "like, today?"

tengen's speech bubble appears instantly.

tengen : "yeah, im otw."

you groan in frustration. what was his deal with just announcing him coming to get you without a sooner notice. you quickly stuff a pair of underwear, a t-shirt, and some sweatpants into a bag.

you grab your toothbrush as well as other little essentials. after straightening your bed back up and leaving the apartment, you walk down the corridor and take the elevator down. as you step out, you click on your phone to see that it was going on 9:37. your feet stumble over on and another as you crash to the ground.

"[y/n], you're clumsy."

gyutaro picks your phone up from the ground and slips it into your hands. "oh uhm, hi gyu ." you smile. "you got a bag. where you off to?" he questions.

"oh you know, just. out." you reply. "i came over to ask if you wanted to come out with me tonight. daki's out with her friends and won't be home for a few days." he explains.

"i would love to but-"

"unfortunately , [y/n] and i have work to do little guy." tengen grinned from behind gyutaro. he slaps his hand on his shoulder the same way gyutaro did when he saw tengen back at school.

"the hell are you with him for? private painting lessons?" gyutaro scoffs. "yeah, face painting actually." tengen smirks. he winks at you before walking around behind you.

"are you f*cking serious [y/n]?" gyutaro growls.
"i-" "for f*cks sake [y/n]." he hisses before storming away. you sit in silence as tengen leads you to his car by your arm. "he must be on his period." tengen laughs.

you don't crack a smile. you felt horrible that gyutaro had seen you and tengen together. the fact that tengen even entertained gyutaro's annoyance made you upset. "you didn't have to say anything." you mumble.  "are you defending him?" tengen asks. "no, but you didn't have to provoke gyu."

"oh you've got pet names now? that's cute." tengen chuckles. "i'm serious tengen." you hiss. "well then how about i make a pet name for you? let's call you, my love." tengen says. your face tightens as your lips curl into a smile.

"there's that beautiful smile." he smiles. you roll your eyes and hit his shoulder. "you better make it up to me." you reply. "hm. alright." tengen smiles. he turns on the car and begins to drive to his house. you hoped this sleepover would be as fun as gyutaro's.