twenty-nine | 29

tengen placed his hand on your thigh as he maneuvered the car. he nodded his head along with the music that faintly played through the car speakers. the silence was comforting, and you found yourself zoning out in it.

you thought about tengen and your lives blossoming together. other dates you could go on, him making you smile. no one else mattering but him. your mind even warped these thoughts into having a future family.

a mini mix of tengen and you. late nights of cooing and not being able to sleep. watching your baby grow up into its adolescence.

you smiled at these innocent thoughts. such pure and innocent thoughts. thinking of it, it was a life you wouldn't mind having. you soon reel your mind back as tengens ordeal floated to the front of your brain.

yes, these thoughts were cute. but in the end, it was either him or gyutaro , which you didn't like to think about.

"what's wrong?" tengen asks. "nothing . just thinking." you meekly reply.

"about?"

"nothing important." you sigh. tengen rubs his palm in circles on your inner thigh. he kept one hand on the wheel with his face focused on the road before you.

you studied his features in the dark of the car. his lips pressed in a small frown, his eyes dark and hooded. if anything, he looked more intimidating. the corners of his lips started to turn upwards.

"you must like the view?" he smirked. he looked at you from the corner of his eye before quickly looking away. you smiled a little at this gesture. he was way too attractive for his own damn good.

"alright, our final stop." tengen says. he puts the car in park and gets out. you begin to open your door when a force shuts it back. tengen then opens it and smiles. "allow me." he says, doing an exaggerated bow. you giggle at this.

"thank you, good sir." you say in a fancy, deep voice. tengen shuts the door behind you and takes your hand once again. you could get used to this.

your love language was definitely touch and quality time. "alright, fancy or simple?" tengen asks. he removes his hand from yours and places his hands on your eyes.

"uhm? i like simple things. expensive things don't feel as loving." you reply. "i hope you like street tacos then." tengen says. he moves you forward as you stumble around in oblivion.

the smell of different seasonings engulfs your nose. it was a heavenly smell you would always love.

"surprise!" Tengen cheers. he removes his hands from your eyes and you see a simple taco truck in front of you. a man sat in the window and waved you over. "and what can i do for the beautiful couple tonight?" he smiled. tengen examined the menu plastered on the side.

"what do you want baby?" he asked. you scan the different menu items chalked on the side of the truck. you set your phone down on the little banister as you think. "hm." you pressed your lips together. "can i have the three barbacoa tacos with a side of lime."

"i'll have that too." tengen says. the man nods and gets up. the truck rocks a little as he goes to cook your meals.

you and tengen wander away from the truck and stand in the empty parking lot. there were a few streetlights that lit the ground around you up.

"tag." tengen said as he lightly tapped your shoulder. you turned around as you watch him giddily run in the opposite direction. "what?" you call out.

"catch me if you can." he calls back. you roll your eyes. "no way in hell i'm doing this." you murmur to yourself. you look at the distance to see tengen doing a little breakdance while laughing at you. you roll your eyes.

"fine!" you shout back. you look down to make sure your heels are tied tight enough and you start a slow jog. tengen starts to slowly back away but doesn't run. as you get closer, you stop.

"this is dumb tengen!" you call. he shrugs his shoulders and begins to start dancing once again. "for f*cks sake." you sigh. you hurdle yourself at full speed towards. you can tell he's surprised as he stops dancing and turns to start running.

"tag." you chuckle as you glide past him. you rest your arm on his shoulder for a moment as you speed past.

as you try to slow yourself down, you look over your shoulder to see tengen already started chasing you. you scream and begin to run at full speed. as you run, you laugh so hard that your side starts to hurt.

"TENGEN PLEASE!" you whine. he doesn't let up though. as you start to slow down, you hear his footsteps increasing. "THE TACO TRUCK IS BASE!" you screech. you start to limp to the truck but not fast enough.

when tengen catches you, he tackles you from the back. you both waddle-run to slow down. he tightens his arms around your waist and spins you slightly. "tag, love." he whispers in your ear.

you lean yourself into his chest to catch your breath now. "wasn't that fun?" he smiles as you both walk back to the food truck.

you look up at him and nod. he puts his arm around your shoulder and continues to talk as you approach the food truck.

your heart felt so warm in this moment. tengen smiles down at you and you kept your eyes locked on his. you finally break the trance as you get close to the truck.

"the hell." you mumble. you see that the man had your phone in his hand, recording both and tengen . "what are you doing?" you hiss. the man quickly becomes nervous, setting your phone back down.

"seeing you guys so happy right now made me smile. i used to be that way with my wife before she passed. i thought you would like to look back on this." he says.

you begin to profusely apologize for coming off so harshly. the man reassured you everything is fine before giving you the food. "for you, it's free. thank you for the smiles tonight." he heartily smiles.

"i couldn't do that." tengen says. he opens his wallet and hands the man a hundred-dollar bill. "thank you, sir." tengen warmly smiles.

"i can't take this!" the man hollered. "let me get your change." as he moves to the side of the truck, you and tengen look at each other. without a word, you both begin to run to the car with your styrofoam boxes in hand.

you both quickly get in the car and pull out of the parking empty lot .

"i now he would keep protesting if we stayed." tengen laughed. you nodded several times in agreement before shutting your eyes. "tonight was lovely tengen." you hum.

he glances over at you and smiles his infamous smile. it cut straight through the dark.

"i lo-" tengen started but then stopped.

"huh?" you question, sitting up right in your seat. you groggily rub the sleep from your eyes.

"nothing [y/n], just rest." tengen cooes.