twenty-eight | 28

(i recommend listening to ROS by Mac Miller for the first half, then Best Part By H.E.R for the couple skate scene)

tenegn intertwines his fingers in your as you both walk out to his car. it had been a while since you had been back in it. he walked you around to the passenger door and opened it for you.

"thank you good sir!" you playfully saluted into the air. he chuckled and shook his head as he closes your door. he walked over to the driver's side and got in.

"are you ready for the adventure to begin?" he questions. "always!" you beam.

he starts the engine and the car rumbles to life. "are you hungry?" he asks as he stops at a red light.

"not really no." you reply. you still had yet to digest your food from the wendy's. "then we save eating for later." he smiles. he abruptly turns the car to the right once the light turns green.

"don't worry [y/n], we're pretty close. tengen informs you. you stare out of the passenger window as the car approaches a patchy parking lot.

large, bright light illuminated the words 'quick roll' on the front of the building.

"tengen.." your voice warned. he ignored you amas he found a spot ot park his car.
once he got out, he walked over to your side and opened the door for you.

when you got out, he shut the door and took your hand in his. you both walk into the building. the smell of pine and feet wafted in the air. "jus two tickets please." tengen requested from the man at the counter.

"$16.38." the man said over the counter. tengen handed him a $20 and told him to keep that change. he took the tickets from the man before opening the door for you.

the skating rink was full of people. "why the hell did we dress up to go skating?" you growl. if you had known you'd be skating, you'd had worn pants and a t shirt instead.

"that's the fun in it. never let them know your next move." tengen winked. you rolled your eyes and followed him to the counter for skates.

you both request your skates before going to put them on. within no time, tengen already had his skates on and was spinning in circles in front of you. your skates were laced up, but you remain glued to the bench. "c'mon [y/n] let's go on the floor." he suggests.

you shake your head in fear. "i'll hold you." he suggests. he reaches towards you and grabs hold of your hands to pulls you up. your skates cause you propel forward right into his chest. he glides back until his back hits the rink pole.

"steady now." he cooed. you tried to roll back but ended up skating in place. "just hold onto my hands baby." tengen purs. he pulled you into the rink slowly.

other skaters whizzed by shuffling in sync while others held on to the pole trying to keep balance. you gripped tengens ' forearm as he picked up speed. you were trying to move your feet in sync with his but he was moving too fast for your liking.

"there you go doll." he smiles. he turns to face you and begins to skate backwards. "the hell." you whisper. "i would never have taken you for the skater type."

tengen laughs at your statement . "i can do anything." he said. "yeah, in your dreams." you retaliate.

instant karma hits you in the feet as you stumble over your feet and fall to the ground. tengen begins to laugh at you while to struggle to stand. "[y/n], i don't want anyone else seeing under that dress except me." he says. your face slowly warms up as you pull tengen down to raise yourself.

"hello hello!" a man on the intercom called. "please clear the floor, this next skate is for couples only." you begin to shakily skate towards the open exit when tengen rides up beside you.

"this is for us." he smiles. you smile a little, happy that you would be shown off with tengen in front of so many people. "but i can't skate in sync with you." you remind him.

he shakes his head and look around the rink. you noticed that apart from you, there was only one other couple on the floor. best part by h.e.r began to play smoothly through the room. a disco ball slowly lowered from the ceiling and began to spin.

baby blue and purple lights reflected off of the ball. tengen clutched your hand as you both slowly made your way back into the floor.

amidst the crowd, you saw all eyes had been laid upon the both of you. you both did clearly looked out of place with your bright jewelry and fancy clothing, making you feel a little self conscious."

"what a wonderful couple over there. not to mention their fantastic style." the man on the speaker called. little whistles and claps are scattered through the room.

tengen then started to backwards skate once again. but this time, he put an arm around your lower back and his other on your head. he pulled you into his chest as you both moved.

somehow, your feet seemed to move on their own as you glided to the song. you wrapped your arms around him and closed your eyes for a brief moment. this felt like something out of a love movie. "if you love me won't you say something." h.e.r and daniel ceaser sang in usion.

"thank you." tengen whispered in your ear. you smiled against his chest and nodded your head.

"i like you a lot [y/n]." tengen admitted.

"i like you a lot, too." you sighed. tengens chuckle vibrated in his chest and against your face. he unhinged his arms from around you and took your hand in his. just as the song ended, he brought your hand up to his mouth and kiss it.

everyone started cheering and clapping for you both. you felt awkward about the other couple as no one paid them any mind. you also felt awkward because it was only a couple's skate; nothing more.

"i'm a little hungry now." you call to tengen over the music. "me too. wanna get out of here?" tengen asks. you nod and follow him out of the rink.

as you both go to remove your skates, different people come up to you both and compliment you.

you thank each individual, feeling somewhat like a celebrity. before returning your skates, you both slide on your shoes and thank everyone a final time before leaving the rink.

"thatwas wow." you squeal as tengen holds open your door. "stay like that, i want to take a picture." he says.

tengen takes out his phone and makes a goofy face at you. you try to keep a regular smile, but you end up laughing. his flash pierces your eyes, and you try to hide your face.

"i got it." he smiles. you shake your head and dismiss him with a wave.

"let's go eat, shall we?" he smiles.