Chapter 25

Finally, all the guests got up. It was time to start the real party! Everyone grabbed their drink, getting more refills, and moving around. I am really surprised that everything is going to smooth so far. I would have expected at least a throw up to occur thus far.

While the caterers and workers were clearing the tables and dance floor it was time for cake and pictures. You could see all the girls whip out their phones at the word of pictures to check their hair and makeup. The guys couldn't have cared less. The kids tried so hard to stay still till the pictures. Get at least one good picture then run wild kid.

We did the group shot first. It was hard to get a good one. Somebody kept on doing something silly or else doing something extremely noticeable that ruined the picture. Finally, everyone settled down for a second and got the good one. Then just for fun we all are acting stupid again as they kissed in the middle. Then we got to the solo ones done. I got mine done first. As the daughter of the newlyweds, I had to be the first one to get it. You could tell none of us wanted to do pictures, so we made do with what we have. They ended up tickling me to get a genuine smile out of me.

When I got done, I had to stop two cake thieves from ruining it.

"Joshua Ryderdale, you put one finger on that cake and imma kill you!" Greyson was doing a weak job as a lookout while Joshua was trying to get just a taste of the cake. Every opportunity these two get they just stuff their faces with sweets. Their digestive hates them at this point. And for as proud as they are for watching '21 Jump Street' they are horrible McQuaid brothers. Not even Greyson can compare to Officer Tom Hanson.

The four of us watched everyone get their pictures taken. Some people talked and goofed around before taking their picture, and even while they got it done it certainly was not done with a straight face. Then there were those who meant business. They came in, even talked to the photographer, and make the most ridiculous face for the camera. You would have thought these were going to Vogue for their January cover.

Finally, it was time for the cake. The real fun part of the wedding in our case. Greyson took the honor of bringing out the cake. It was a small 8-inch round cake from Walmart. Everyone got their phones out and started to record. Some people were so confused as to how that little cake was supposed to feed 35 of us. They made the first cut and everyone cheering. Then tragedy struck! Dad pushed Victor's face in the cake. And it was made with whipped cream, with rainbow sprinkles on the edges, so it got messy and everywhere! Some people were shocked while other people started laughing so hard.

Victor rose from cake, and it was a sight. Every inch of Victor's face was covered, but you could still see his smile underneath all that. He then started putting some Dad's face and it was war. And even though they just got married they showed each other no mercy. 

Then they put some on his parents faces then on Shelby's family then the other 3. When they got to me I just kind of accepted it. I just put my up in the air and said, "I know you wanted this to do this." I felt two very cold pieces of cake on my face then felt two kisses on top of my head. Everyone was hearted by the gesture but I kind of ruined it by putting a little bit of cake in their hair. Yes, I dared going into No Man's Land.

Finally, after all the messing around, and a bit of clean up, then we cut the real cake. It was a coffee flavored, 3-tier cake covered in white fondant and detailing in red- an homage to their first bouquet and how this all this happened.

While we were serving everyone the music started. Dancing Queen by ABBA; you don't have to be 17 to love this song. Everyone who had a drink in their hand raised their glass in the air and shuffled to the dance floor and those who didn't were waiting on cake. I start to think that we all are playing the same game here.