Chapter 17

Whenever I come to Olive Garden I always make the mistake of eating a bunch of salad and breadsticks. They bring it out way to early that I eat a bunch of it and get extremely full. I don't mind it a lot though, these things are too die for. I don't really like the soup that much. Soup and heat don't end well for me.

We all were sitting down waiting for our food. The lovebirds had one whole side of the table while the rest of us squeezed on the other side. With this lighting and arrangement it felt like we were in an interrogation room and the 4 musketeers were the cops. I wonder who is the bad cops in this situation. I definitely had a bit of a grumpy face on. 

There had been some conversation over the table. Victor was talking to the other 3 a lot ("Your dad talks so much about you I feel like I have known you for years!") I am glad he isn't directing any questions towards me though. I have no clue as to what to talk about. After the excitement kind of wore off I kind of went into shock. It was a lot to digest. I just kind of looked around the place and was inhaling the smell of sweat and cheese.

Speak of the devil food finally got to the table. The waiter was carrying about 9 pounds on his right hand. 7 of the 9 is from the weight of the plates- God knows why those plates are so heavy- and the other 2 is from the actual food. I remember Dad always had trouble keeping up with notes in class because he complained that his wrist hurt. 

"Calories have arrived!" the waiter said as he put down the food on the other table.

"Excellent!" Victor said, rubbing his hands together.

There was the usual hassle of passing the food around. Finally my plate reached me. Cheese pizza and steamed broccoli ordered from the kids menu. Judge me all you want but I cannot, for the life of me, finish an adult entrée. I mean I could take my leftovers home and eat it at a later time but pasta or pizza or this type of food just doesn't taste good reheated. I'd just rather not waste food.

We all took some bites of our food and stole food from our neighbors plates as well. I really love their ravioli but I didn't want to be extremely messy today. I had a tendency to get sauce everywhere and the way we are sitting it will look like we all killed someone. Finally the real portion of dinner started, you know the eating bit. We all ate in silence but the burden of having conversation occurred again. It was just a feeling in the air.

"So like- what happened between you and Mr. Wonderful here?" Joshua asked Victor. Man, sometimes I think I have the dumbest friends in the world. Can they just ask something without sounding like a complete doofus? What did we take English class for? Nothing?

Victor set down his fork and contemplated what he was going to say. "Where should we start?" he said. His smile was kind of ignited with excitement. He smiled a lot. It was like an overgrown toddler. His nose is just a little bit crooked which just completes the whole effect of he has been hit over the head.

"Maybe you could start when you had to cross your legs every time you saw him," Dani voiced.

He looked at her very questioningly. He couldn't tell what she was saying. He caught onto her sarcasm a little slowly. But he finally understood. She has that type of tone where it sounds like she is trying to make fun of you but she isn't; she is trying to make fun of the situation.

"Sure why not?"

He had to think about it for a second. Dad was slowly shoving food in his mouth. Victor has his arm around Dad's chair and has his leg crossed at a 90 degree which stuck out of the table. You know, the way that most guys sit like. I tried to sit like that a bunch of times but my leg ended up falling asleep every time. He was at such ease. But you could Dad was beyond uncomfortable with everything. I wish he would stop acting like this. I really didn't get why he is acting like this today. I actually wish I didn't have to see him today. (We kind of acted like the other person doesn't exist all day)