Chapter 15 - 4 Months Later

I woke up with my body in the worst pain I have felt in a while. My head ached so much that it felt like it was going to crack open. And it did not help matters that my nose was stuffy, and I couldn't breathe out of it. My hair was greasy, even though I showered just last night, and I am a sweating machine. I literally mean that I am sweating on every inch of my body, including areas that are not supposed to be sweating. 

My eyes slowly opened as I adjusted to his pain. I sat up and pulled off my comforters. I looked down and- What a sight.

My pants, bedsheets, and blankets were all stained with a deep, deep red, almost bordering almost black. My legs were feeling warm and sticky. It was a big stain, about the size of a small throw pillow on your couch. The smell was starting to get to me. Great. Just what I really needed. Just perfect.

I stumbled to the bathroom and cleaned myself up. It was surprisingly a lot. Well not that surprisingly. 

Ever since the whole- fiasco- a lot of changes have happened. I flushed the toilet, which looked like it was murdered, and changed my clothes. God, I feel horrible. I literally cannot breathe right now. I am panting like a tired-out dog which is not helping my headache. Why am I always stuck in a loop?

I washed my hands under the freezing water. My hands were frozen solid in one position that it was hard to turn the knob. I dried my hands and got a glimpse at the stranger in the mirror.

I had lost a significant amount of weight. I dropped from 120 to 82 pounds so far. That is what the doctor told me at least, which I have been too almost every week for about the last 3 months. And the therapist too. I just did a session yesterday actually and ended up throwing up in the end. Anyway, the weight loss was accomplished by starving myself for long periods of time. My clothes, which used to fit me fine before, hung so loosely on me. Imagine a twig on the ground walking around and you got the exact image of me. 

My skin looked different. I am either as pale as a ghost or tinged with a greenish-yellow hue. It used to be normal, and I would break out a few times when I was really stressed but now, I break out all the time and am so oily. And I have not been able to find any products to help so that's great. I lost so much fat in my body that my skin looks saggy in some places but clings to my bones in others. My hair didn't help the overall effect. On an impulse I decided to cut my waist length hair to my shoulders. Like a dark-haired Margot Robbie. But not as pretty. Just plain hideous. 

I left the bathroom and went to change the sheets. Lucky the bed didn't stain. Tips for young women who are hitting puberty: Say goodbye to light colored bed sheets, pajamas, and underwear. I was so not looking forward to doing laundry. Washing this out would be a nightmare. I have been procrastinating doing laundry specifically. I have a little over 2 months of clothes to wash.

Fixing the bed tired me out. I laid on the measly fixed bed sheets, laying in the weirdest position that I think helps with the pain. Man, this hurts.

After silent sweating and crying and bleeding and aching for 5 minutes I needed Midol and Aspirin. Midol to help the cramps and bloating and Aspirin to fix this stupid headache.

I got up and headed downstairs, tripping all the way. I tried to be as quiet as I could while walking past the living room into the kitchen. Greyson was sleeping on the couch, very peacefully. I tiptoed over to him, and it looked like he was crying again last night. He kind of had the shine on his cheeks and they were red. His hair looked like he was running it through with his hands again. 

You may be wondering why he is knocked out on the couch. It's a long explanation. When I was leaving the hospital- I was released after a week; the doctor basically said that I was better and the only thing that would help me get back to 100 is the comfort of my own life- I overheard the doctor talk to Dad about the situation. He said that I should have as much normality as I could around me. That meant seeing my friends, Dad leaving for work, going out, having fun, doing regular teen stuff and all that jazz.