Chapter 23

My dress is perfect, like there wasn't a more perfect dress for this occasion, but, my God, it has been such a hassle. It is a beautiful dark blue evening gown. It is full sleeved and has an empire waist, which makes the thin hourglass shape I carry look decent. It would be touching the floor if I wasn't wearing these high heels, which, contrary to my belief, is actually comfortable. 

The lace that is on top of the bodice has a floral pattern which takes this dress to another level. Everyone has been encouraging me to put on some weight for the wedding but the dress is still not perfectly fitted. I chose a sort of bronzy makeup cause it was the only one I could find that matches the dress and the jewelry. I am loving all the pearls with this look; glad I am getting another dad who is good at this type of stuff. My hair though is just straightened, curtaining my face; Now thinking about it I am pretty sure I am not doing this look justice.

Dani and I were dealing with the last minute details. It has been nothing but running around, up and down, left and right, just in continuous circles,  for the both of us. And if my struggle with the dress was hard it was nothing compared to Dani.

We both decided to wear dark blue. Her dress is longer in the back and shorter in the front, kind of leaving a train behind. It has a sweetheart neckline, it is sleeveless and practically backless, and it is belted around the middle. The buckle on the belt is big and covered with rhinestones. Her hair is so elaborate but her makeup is so simple that her outfit just flows! Not to mention her nails which she miraculously managed to match with her shoes. If we both weren't romantically occupied with someone I would have asked her out right then and there.

When I finally got done talking to the videographer I went to go see the boys. Their only job and headache was to seat everyone correctly. When I got to the entrance of the tent Joshua was standing there by himself. He was going to say something to me but all I did was snatch the seating chart out of his hands and made sure that everyone was seated correctly. When I saw that it was actually right I handed him the clipboard back and allowed his greeting to take place.

"Hey there, Maid-zilla!" he said brightly.

"I have not-"

I wanted to get my word in but Joshua put his finger on my mouth, telling me to shut it. I still tried talking but then he verbally told me to be quiet.

"For your own good," he said. He jammed his fists in his pocket and looked so carelessly around.

Joshua is wearing a smoky grey suit. But instead of a button down he is wearing a dark grey turtleneck under his jacket. A two toned outfit, if you will. He tried doing something with his hair but in the end it was a cute mess on his head. He has his rings on, though not on that finger, and his matching silver chain. Plus he got nails painted so it pulls everything together so nicely. And to tie it off, though there was no tie, a plain black belt and shoes.

"You're looking sharp," I said.

"Why thank you, madam. And might I add that you are looking so regal this evening," he said in a fake royal accent. I don't know what's wrong with my friends but life would be boring as heck without them. He took my hand and brought it to his lips, planting a kiss on them. I laughed and returned the kind gesture with a small curtsey.

"Regal is an understatement. I think no divinity has created a word that can describe you, darling," Greyson said, walking up the aisle towards us. At the word 'darling' Joshua immediately left and busied himself with something. Greyson and I tend to just use our real names instead of nick or pet names for each other, a habit we just resumed from our friendship (plus it was too much to keep on calling the other person 'babe'), but when we do use them it means something is going down.