Chapter 21

Hi guys!

Pls vote and comment 😉

Late Sunday, December 10th, 2056

Julia

Kenji had a seizure. A psychogenic nonepileptic seizure, episodes of movement, sensation, or behaviors similar to epileptic seizures but do not have a neurologic origin which means it isn't epilepsy. It's a manifestation of psychological distress.

It really just shows how much this child is struggling.

"I came as soon as I heard." Priscilla rushes in with suitcases in hand.

"Did you just come from the airport?" Victoria asks, and Priscilla nods.

I nod and sigh. "Iskander and Renata are with him right now."

"I hope he's ok." Penelope and Priscilla say in unison before giving each other a weird look.

Victoria looks back with a sigh. "He's doing well. He might need intense therapy and a lot of support if we're going to stop these seizures."

"Where the hell is everyone?" Priscilla asks. "I can't believe no one but us knows what's going on?"

I roll my eyes. "Julius is knocked out. His phone keeps going to voicemail. When he sleeps, he can never hear his phone."

"And Iskander told me not to call Ivan or Burgundy, Oakley and Oliver went to Puerto Rico, Cesar tagged along, Ares is officially MIA, Cillian and Royalty went to California, and Gideon's currently at an all-you-can-eat buffet with his phone off," Penelope adds.

"Useless idiots, all of them." Victoria rolls her eyes. "Mani's on a business trip. He's taking over his dad's business."

"Well, they all thought they could go on with their lives, we only had one job, defeat Delora, and we defeated the real enemy, her mother. Delora's never actually killed anyone or tried to do anything but threaten us," I said.

"She's a victim, it's hard to see it, but she is." Priscilla frowns.

"I don't know what Tomás did," Renata and Iskander come out into the waiting room. "But it was worse than we thought, but Kenji's doing fine. He's actually been discharged. He's leaving in two hours."

Iskander silently passes through us, and we look at Renata for an answer....She. Starts. Sobbing.

"It's heartbreaking. I'm sorry. Lo siento, lo siento mucho. Iskander went to buy stuffed animals, a lot of them, because he doesn't know which animal will help Kenji." (I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.)

Priscilla immediately hugs her. "Oh, hon, it's ok. You can help him, don't give up on him."

I roll my eyes back lightly to keep the tears from coming. I feel sensitive to seeing others cry from the bottom of their heart.

"Everything's going to work out for all of us," I said as we all joined the hug. "I promise."

And....everything did..... for the most part.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Two years later.... 2058

Julius was there at Veronica's labor, and he was happy, very happy and to be honest so was I, because her baby girl.....wasn't Julius's, blonde hair, green eyes, there's nothing that said Julius and Veronica also have blue eyes so ... .where are the green eyes from?