Chapter 4

Pls vote and comment

Delora's Diary.

I was nine when my Papá died. I thought my mamá had died until a year later on el día de Los Muertos. (The day of the dead.) My mamá came back; she said we had work to do, we had to get revenge. I then found out Uncle Luis had died as well.

She had a scar on her upper forehead, and she was shot in the head; luckily, it missed her brain by three inches, and she was able to survive. The doctor says if mamá gets shot again, she won't be as lucky as she was the other five times.

She told me about Uncle Luis, how he could make a weapon out of anything, but the number two pencil was his favorite....unpredictably deadly. She said it started when they went out to get revenge on a woman Uncle Luis hated. They didn't want to kill her; they wanted her to feel the pain of watching her loved one die. Mamá said that she lied about her age and name, pretending to be their age and completing college with her. She said they were going to take her brother, but then the woman found another man who was Papá's nemesis. So they decided to take him as well. Mamá said she'd taken a liking to the brother, but he betrayed her, so they took both the woman's brother and lover.

Mamá liked to break limbs....a lot. She used sledgehammers and broke the arms and sometimes the legs on a good day. Because of this revenge training, I watch my mamá break many limbs and then pose the dead bodies for her own pleasure.

My family were loads of sick people....I seemed to be the only one pretending to be crazy. I don't get pleasure in killing, I don't like revenge, and I certainly don't have an obsession with men to the point of kidnapping.

Mamá said she enjoyed taking the use of the brother's arms, but it turned upside down when Luis was killed out of nowhere by Papá but somehow mamá blames it on the woman, she said that they were tricked, the woman managed to bring the Italian and Russian Mafia together and defeat them. Shot her and papá in the head, but mamá got lucky. They shot too far up and missed the brain.

She wanted revenge and told me I wanted it too. So she made me approach a man named Cillian Maguire. She told me she was the stepson of the man who betrayed her and the son of a woman who took her man.

I thought her man was papá.

When I met Cillian, I thought he smoked weed. He talked so...almost slurred, but it was probably because he stayed up playing Fortnite. I thought this man was handsome, and I planned to ask him to tour the city with me because I was new and take it from there.

Make him fall in love with me.

Cillian was fun to be around whenever he got enough sleep. He never lost his composure....around anything. He seemed to just fix everything and anything. I had a massive crush on him, and so I prolonged the mission for two years, making excuses to my mamá. The relationship had turned sexual. It turned serious. I had fallen for him, and he had fallen in love with me too. He told me about his origin story and how he struggled to pin-point the blame on his father or the man that drugged his father.

Then I found out I was pregnant. Mamá told me to get rid of it. But I didn't want to. I wanted a family with Cillian, I wanted him as a father and me as a mother, so I told mamá I would use the pregnancy as a shield. I knew Cillian wouldn't kill me if I was pregnant with his child.

I didn't use the pregnancy as a shield because I didn't love my child.

It was the first time Cillian lost his composure. He didn't know what to do with the threatening message I left for him. He tried to kill me but he couldn't, he let me go.

When I gave birth to my beautiful daughter, I knew he'd tried to kill me and go through with it, so I left my baby on the bed, well fed, clothed with a note tucked inside her little onesie. As a last request, I asked him to name her Harlow-Royalty. I couldn't pick between the two. Harlow, a badass name or Royalty, my Princessa, so I conjoined the two...and he actually did.

I love him so much.

I watched my daughter grow up from afar. She is beautiful. When we face off, I'll let Cillian kill me. My baby needs her father, I haven't been a mom, and I'm not delusional.

When I finally healed from childbirth. I had to get my mamá some help. Her sickness was getting worse. She was becoming a serial killer and kidnapper, killing men and kidnapping others. I had to cover up for her many times.

Sleeping with the police chief is disgusting.

So, the mission was then prolonged for ten more years before mamá finally got her act together, and now, we have enacted the plan.

I remember seeing him and Royalty. Their relationship, the love in his eyes. I'm jealous. I wanted to be with him and be her mother. But life isn't fair, and some people, people like me, get the rough end of it.

I have accepted that.

By the end...I'll die. They can do what they want to mamá, make sure they actually kill her. I can't bring myself to do this anymore. I hope Cillian can forgive me. I hope he knows that I love him as much as he does. I hope I get to meet my daughter. I hope she doesn't hate me.

I wouldn't blame her, though. I'm a terrible and vile person. 

This is Delora's side of the story.

A little input.