よんじゅうはち(mikey ending)

As the last school bell for the year rang and resonated throughout the school hallways, students immediately got up from their seats, slinging the straps of their bags around their shoulders before leaving the room one by one, others were running in the hallways as the vibe of summer slowly creep into them.

"Any plans you guys have for the summer?" Nami asks, sitting on top of Ai's desk while hugging her bag in her arms. "My family wants to climb Mount Takao." She informs them, shrugging her shoulders afterwards.

"We'll be going to Hokkaido!" Kairi chimes in, going over to where Nami and Ai are, slinging her bag around her shoulder. "I'm really excited! I need a change of scenery!" She excitedly spoke before turning her head to look at Ai.

"What about you, Ai?" She asks the dark ginger haired girl. "Any plans for summer?"

Ai shook her head slowly but pulled out a piece of paper, showing it to the two. "I've decided that after I graduate high school, I will join Miss International!" Both Nami and Kairi peered into the paper and eyed the golden trophy and the crown.

"Go for it then!" Nami beams

"Okay but imagine!" Kairi begins to gush, "you're representing Tokyo and you become the first title holder! You better start working on stretching those arms and legs! It'd be funny if they place you at the back and people can't see you!"

"...That's so mean of you." Ai comments, placing the paper back inside her backpack. "Let's just go. I wanna get out of here already."

As the friend group of three walked out of the school building and into the streets, the year is 2009 and just a few more months is Ai's moving up from middle school to high school. Nothing much has changed, the seventeen year old still looked very much the same. Everything is still the same, however, there was one small thing: both Ai and Mitsuya had called it quits last year.

During the time they broke up, there was nothing much Ai could do but accept the fact that what wasn't hers will never stay as her. It was like the saying she once read from a book: if he's for you, nothing can make him leave; but if he isn't, then nothing in this world can make him stay.

But nevertheless, she was still thankful for the memories that she and Mitsuya shared, even if it was short.

As Ai got home, she was surprised to see both Hakkai and Yuzuha at home. Hakkai lounging in the living room while Yuzuha's ears were covered with her headset.

"How did your profile shots went?" Ai asks, removing her backpack as she slumps in down on the floor, sitting on the available spot besides Hakkai.

"It went well." Hakkai responded, hair untied and placing his phone inside the pocket of his pants. "Hey, I gotta go to Takemichi's. Heard they're playing a the latest game and I wanna see it for myself!" With that, Hakkai placed a hand on top of Ai's head, taking long strides to the front door before closing it behind him.

As Hakkai left their home, he held the handlebars of his bike and walked backwards, getting his bike onto the road. As he sat on his seat and was about to start the engine, Hakkai was greeted with a familiar face before him.

"Hey" The person greeted him, a small smile on their lips. "You're heading to his house too, right? Cool. We can talk on the way there!"

Without much of a choice, Hakkai lets him sit behind him.

. . . . . . . . . . ♡