にじゅうきゅう

italicized means flashback

Seven months and counting.

Sitting behind Mikey in a piggyback ride position, Ai rested the side of her head on his shoulder. The warmth of his back radiating through her chest while his hands held the back of her knees. Ai lightly swings her feet back and forth.

"Mikey?" She softly calls out to him.

"For a moment I thought you fell asleep on me" Mikey says, chuckling softly before turning his head to take a glance at her. "What is it?"

"Do you think...we'll have days like this?" She asks, nuzzling her cheek on his back.

For a moment, Mikey was silent. In Mikey's silence, Ai wondered if she'll ever know his answer.

"I'd collect all of my days and give them to you, remember?" Mikey says, a smile painting his lips. "Want to get taiyaki?" He offers.

Ai immediately straightened her back and nodded her head happily. "Yes please!"

Mikey's smile brightened, walking faster towards his back with a destination in mind.

. . . . . . . . . . ♡

Crossing her legs in an Indian sitting position, Ai sat beside Mikey, handing to him his cold bottle of green tea, smelling the scent of milkweed, wet grass and a bit of plant fragrance.

"Are you going away too?" Mikey asks, holding onto the taiyaki in his hand, motioning it gliding up and down as if it's swimming. "Blob blob blob yes blob blob blob"

Slowly, Mikey glided his taiyaki closer to Ai and pressed the lips of his fish shaped snack to her lips. "Mwah mwah please stay with me mwah mwah". Smiling at him, Ai leaned herself closer and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Of course I'll stay with you!" Ai beams

"That's really sweet. I wish I had someone like you with me."

Both Ai and Mikey turned around and saw a boy with tan skin and light hair color sitting besides Ai. Smiling to himself as he looks at the waters.

"Who are you?" Mikey asks, placing a protective arm around Ai's waist, scooting her closer to him to which she followed.

"I'm Kurokawa Izana" The boy introduced himself, winking at Ai. Keeping her mouth shut, Ai somewhat felt like he was bad news, turning her head to look away.

"Nice motorcycle" Izana comments, looking at Mikey's bike before turning his heels and walking away.

"See you soon" were his last words to them.

Ai blinked twice before turning her head to face Mikey. "What was that about?" She asks, taking a bite on her taiyaki.

Mikey shrugs, shaking his head before taking a bite as well. "No clue. He's weird too." He says. Together, the two of them just ate and drank their snacks in silence.

. . . . . . . . . . ♡