にじゅういち

AN: Double updates because Kakucho was sent flying back by Takemichi- I mean, for 1k reads special! I also published a new TR book titled ' horonigai ' it's a Chifuyu x fem!reader. Be sure to check it out!

This certain part is written in Hakkai's POV

"I finally found you" Hakkai says, walking up towards Chifuyu and Takemichi, panting a little as he jogged his way here. Today, was possibly the last day he'd ever wear Toman's uniform.

Taking a sit down on the brown bench, Hakkai propped his elbows on top of his thighs. He didn't know where to start, his thoughts were all over the place. But of course, he somewhat knew where to start. Because Ai had helped him rehearse on what to say when this situation comes.

Ever since he decided to quit Toman and join Black Dragons, Hakkai couldn't feel happy, not in the bottom of his heart. He'd spend nights sitting on the floor of Ai's room, ranting how he didn't like the vibe and the guys in Black Dragons while his younger sister listened to him while in the process of getting her skincare done.

"My home life is complicated." Hakkai says, a sad smile painting his lips as he stares down on the ground. "Our mom died when me and Ai were still in elementary school and our dad's hardly ever been at home. And yeah, you can guess that the one in charge is Taiju, our oldest sibling." Hakkai says, heaving out a deep sigh.

"He's been a 'king' since he was a kid. Though he was bigger and just plain stronger than the other kids...he only listens to Ai. Whatever Ai wanted, Taiju would find ways to give it to her. You could say, Ai is his favorite among us." Hakkai says, lazily shrugging his shoulders.

"Since then, I've been taking Yuzuha's beatings for her. But since Ai is his favorite among us, whenever she would stumble into the living room and see Taiju beating me, she'd only say 'Onee san, please stop it.' and then Taiju will really stop. At the same time, Ai started lying to him. Blaming every thing may it be big or small to herself."

"Your brother's a dirty bastard." Takemichi comments

"A total asshole too" Chifuyu chides in

"Standing before Taiju still makes me shake" Hakkai says, popping his knuckles. "But Ai is always ready to defend me and Yuzuha. She's younger and more mentally stronger than me...but as her second brother, I can't do a damn thing for her."

"I've been ranting a lot to Ai as well. But I haven't told her that in order to protect my family...I'm going to kill Taiju." Hakkai declares.

Both Chifuyu and Takemichi were taken aback by his sudden declaration.

"Taka chan did tell me to only use violence to protect." Hakkai then stood up from the brown bench and smiled at the two of them. "I want to protect Yuzuha's and Ai's future and dreams. So please, don't worry about me anymore."

. . . . . . . . . . ♡

Another night with swollen eyes, Ai sniffled while resting her chin on top of Mikey's shoulder, his arms wrapped around her waist as he brings his hand up and down her back, comforting her.

"You've been crying a lot lately" Mikey whispers into her ear.

Sniffling again, Ai turned her head to rest her temple on his shoulder. "Our home life is complicated and it's colliding with my relationship with others too. And I can't seem to be happy, not in the bottom of my heart."

Gently patting her back, Mikey nuzzled his face on the crook of her neck. "I'll help you get through this, okay? You're not alone."

Pulling away from the hug, Ai gave Mikey one last tight hug before smiling a little to him, waving her hand before walking back home with Yuzuha. One their walk back home, the two of them were quiet, Ai was comforted and had finally stopped crying thanks to Mikey.