さんじゅうさん

cw: attempt of suicide

When it rains, it pours.

The following day, the blue morning skies and the orange yellow sun were replaced by cloudy, dark grey skies and fat droplets of water. The doctors and nurses examined Ai's broken ankle and have informed her and her older siblings that it would take about a month and a half to two months healing time, and for the mean time, she would be needing to wear a plaster cast on.

"Do you...still want to pursue ballet?" Taiju asks in a quiet tone, strolling her wheel chair to her room. 

Hot tears pricked into Ai's eyes as she shook her head, final with her decision. "I'm sorry." She spoke quietly, looking outside of the window and into the pouring rain. "Please tell them that I will be turning down the offer they gave me." She said.

Upon hearing her words, Taiju simply nodded his head and walked out of her room.

Today also marks the first day of him no longer being beside her.

Everything is still the same. The flower vase still remained by the window, still confined in the hospital, still wearing the same hospital gown, same people coming in and out to visit, assuring her words of encouragement and get well praises. But even though the day is still the same like any other day, Ai still longs for him.

She couldn't grasp the idea of starting a new life on her own again. For Ai, she forgot how she managed to live on without him. Everything felt so foreign to her. No more good morning and good night text messages, no more after school dates or midnight drives around the city. No more him.

Along with him, Inui informed her that Kokonoi had indirectly said his farewells to the both of them. Wishing them well in their lives, a speedy recovery for her and thanking them for the memories.

. . . . . . . . . . ♡

The following night when the rain still kept pouring from the skies and Ai was left all alone inside her room, she cried out loud for the life she dearly misses. If only she was able to stand up on her two feet, she would have loved to throw her wheel chair away from her and across the quiet hallway of the hospital ward.

With shaking hands dripping on the hand rest of her wheel chair, she slowly stood up on her own, putting all the weight on her fine feet as she slowly walks towards the mini balcony. Sliding the doors open, a cold of gust immediately swooshed inside her room, blowing her hair back. Putting one foot forward, Ai walked out and drenched herself in the rain. To her, it felt nice being away from the growing sickening four walls of her room. She felt free under the pouring night rain, being able to feel the droplets of water down on her.

Climbing on top of the railing of the balcony, Ai raised her arms above her head and stood on her tiptoes, pretending that she's wearing her pink pointe shoes. Without any caution, Ai attempted to do spins and twirls, not caring that she if she falls down head first, she'll die. But it's okay, Ai told herself. If she were to die right now, at least everyone will know that she died doing what she once loved to do.

When she felt an excruciating pain on her broken ankle and lost balance, Ai slowly closed her eyes, ready to accept her fate. And instead of falling down on the ground, she felt a pair of strong arms wrap around her waist, pulling her down from the railing and landing on the cold floor of her room. Blinking to herself, Ai didn't needed to know who pulled her away. Instead, she cried.