さんじゅうはち

Ai took one step forward, cupped Mitsuya's cheeks in her hands before tilting her head to the side to press her lips on his. With eyes closed, the two of them shared small, fleeting kisses before Mitsuya could part his mouth for a passionate kiss, his hands encircling around her waist.

As they leaned away, Mitsuya was first to press his forehead against hers. "Thank you...for granting me my wish." was all he said, keeping Ai close to him. "Are you free tomorrow too?" He asks, his eyes darting up to hers.

With a nod of her head, he finally loosens his arms around her. "Let's go to Udegawa Church tomorrow. I'll pick you up after your class." He says, placing a hand on top of her head. "Head inside now. Your siblings are probably waiting for you."

Too stunned to even speak, Ai smiles a little before turning the knob of the front door and entering, but not before turning around a little to wave goodbye to Mitsuya. That was all Mitsuya needed to see, to see Ai safely entering their house before he could drive away.

. . . . . . . . . . ♡

"You're so quiet...did something happen?" Kairi asks, peering her face a little close to Ai's before placing the back of her hand on her forehead. "You're warm so that means no fever for you...is something bothering you?"

Ai shook her head and continued to keep her mouth shut. In all honesty, she had not thought of anything except the kiss. She wondered to herself, why would Mitsuya ask her for such like a kiss? Did he like her? Or was it because he's never kissed anyone and used her for an experience? The thoughts kept swarming her head until she felt something cold being placed on top of her head.

"Have a little something to bring you back to earth. You look like you're on your way to another planet." Nami chuckles. As Ai blinked her eyes twice and brought her hands up to her head, she found a small tub of strawberry ice cream with a small wooden spoon taped on the lid. Instantly, a bright smile painted her lips as she opened the confection.

When the last school bell rang, Ai turned her head to look outside their classroom window and by the main gates of the school, she already saw Mitsuya waiting outside for her. A blush immediately crept in her cheeks and without thinking bolted outside of her classroom.

"You didn't have to rush" Mitsuya spoke, a smile painting his lips as he caught sight of Ai lightly gasping for air. "I can wait, you know?"

"I acted out of impulse" She responded, smiling as she fixes the strands of air covering her face. "Why are we going to the Church again?"

"You'll know when we get there." Mitsuya says. "I didn't bring my bike with me, is it fine if we go there by train?" He asks.

"Of course!" Ai beams until the realization of her not bringing her backpack hits her. "Wait my bag-" as she was about to turn around, both Nami and Kairi were already standing behind her, Kairi already holding the upper strap of her backpack.

"Please take care of our friend, sometimes she really just malfunctions." Nami explains, motioning her hand up and down to Mitsuya.