じゅうはち

"Yo Ai"

Ai's ears perked up upon hearing her name, lifting her head from the book she was reading. She found Chifuyu and Baji walking towards her.

"No I will not answer any questions about me and Mikey anymore" Ai says, raising the book she's holding higher, over her face.

"That's sad." Baji jokes, sitting in front of Ai, Chifuyu sitting besides Baji. Smiling and waving his hand at her. "I wanted to invite you on my birthday."

"Your birthday?" Ai beams, setting the book she's holding back down on the table. "When is it?"

"Tomorrow" Baji grins, patting her head. "I'll see you tomorrow, shortie." He said, smiling before leaving with Chifuyu.

Leaving a fuming Ai in her seat. Because out of all her older siblings, she was the only one short in height.

. . . . . . . . . . ♡

When Baji's birthday arrived, Ai sat behind Hakkai on his bike. Holding onto her neatly wrapped gift for him, Ai brought with her a cupcake box mix along with the decorations she picked out from the grocery.

Arriving at the apartment building, Ai and Hakkai took the flight of stairs before stopping on the fifth floor.

"Oi the two Shiba siblings are here" Baji says after opening the door. Removing their shoes by the doorway, Ai immediately felt a pair of arms wrapping around her shoulders.

"I missed you." Mikey whispers, placing a kiss on her cheek.

"We saw each other yesterday and had dinner together." Ai says, turning around to face a pouting Mikey.

"Not enough" He huffs, puffing his cheeks. As Ai goes to hand Baji her gift, Mikey kept clinging onto her. Even when Baji's mother came into the living room.

"Who's this, Manjiro?" Baji's mother asks, taking interest in Ai.

"Mrs Baji, this is Ai. My girlfriend!" Mikey proudly says. Blushing to herself, Ai lowers her head and bows to her.

"It's nice to meet you" She says, lifting her head up "I go to the same school as your son too"

"That's delightful to hear" The older woman says, smiling at her when she saw the cupcake box mix in her hands. "You can use the kitchen too. I'll make sure Keisuke doesn't eat off your ingredients." She says before walking away.

When Baji's mother went away, Ai turned to face Mikey. "You heard his mom, no eating of ingredients for you too." She strictly says.

"What if I eat you instead?" Mikey asks, staring at her.

"What?"

"Nothing!" Mikey cheekily says, going over to where Draken is.

"What do you have there, Ai?"

Turning around, it was Emma.

"I'm gonna be baking these" Ai says, showing her the box. A bright smile painted on Emma's lips.

"Let me help you!" Emma says. Together, the two of them worked on mixing the batter of the cupcake while talking about her relationship with Mikey.

"Three months huh? That's a lot of time and days together." Emma says as the two of them wait for the first batch of cupcakes inside the oven. "Draken only gives care to Zephyr." Emma scoffs.