じゅうさん

cw: mention of male genital (only once)

As the ambulance arrived at the hospital, Ai was surprised to see that the rest of the Toman members were there as well, not missing her brother's dyed blue hair as he stood out from them. When he turned around and their eyes landed on each other, she smiled meekly at him.

"Ai!" Hakkai shouts, immediately rushing to her side and clutching on the steel handles of the stretcher bed. "What happened to you? Who did this to you?!" Hakkai kept shouting despite Mitsuya trying to pull him away.

"Lower your voice! You're scaring your sister!" He scolded him. Hakkai softened at Mitsuya's words, dropping his shoulders.

"I'm sorry, Taka chan" Hakkai says before lifting his head up again to look at Ai. "I didn't know you were at the festival. Why didn't you tell me? And who were you with? Who did this to you?"

"One by one, nii san!" Ai says, gripping her hand around his forearm as they take her to the examination room, Hakkai and Mitsuya following her suit. "Yes I was the festival today and I didn't know who they are...all I know is that they wore the same uniform as yours." She says, slowly sitting up from the bed.

"Ai's talking about Kiyomasa and his group." Mitsuya spoke, clenching his fists as he closes his eyes. "I'm guessing they used her as bait." Mitsuya sighs, opening his eyes "I'll go to where Takemichi is. I'll ask how Draken's doing." He bids before walking away.

A few seconds after Mitsuya left, Kokonoi and Inui came into the room. However, when they saw Hakkai, the looks on their faces gave her the hint that they would start ripping each other's necks.

"Please don't fight." Ai spoke quietly. Hakkai took a sharp inhale before looking away, Inui still held a piercing look at Hakkai while Kokonoi clicked his tongue.

"I will kill them for hurting you." Hakkai says, slowly his eyes darts to her bruised and swollen ankle.

"Ai you're-"

"Do not mention it to Taiju." She spoke, clutching onto his forearm tightly. "I'll hold myself accountable for what happened to me." She raises her head to make their eyes meet. "I don't want to see you or Yuzuha getting disciplined for my sake." She says, smiling a little.

The two younger siblings hugged each other tightly as they promised each other. They only parted when a doctor and nurse arrived to check on her left ankle.

"I've given your sister an orphenadrine for muscle relaxation. Though it'll wear off after four to six hours, resting and ice compression will help relieve the bruising and swelling. Although, with a minor sprain, it'll take her two weeks to recover." The doctor spoke, handing to Hakkai packets of advil into his hands. Before the doctor leaves, Hakkai and Ai bowed their heads.

"Please don't mention this to Taiju. I don't want him blaming you two as well." She spoke towards Kokonoi and Inui.

"You can't keep protecting us from him, you know." Kokonoi says, averting his look away from her.

"I can and I will." Ai smiles tiredly, nodding her head a little.

As Hakkai helped her get up, Ai had requested to see Draken at the emergency room. Kokonoi and Inui had left as well due to Taiju's meeting at their hideout. And as Hakkai was agreeing to her request, they went over to the other side of the hospital. But once they got there, a sight unfolded them.

"Snap out of it, Mikey!" Mitsuya shouts.

"You don't understand!" Punch!

As Peh yan and Takemichi tried their best to pull Mikey away from punching the wall, they couldn't. Not especially when he kept punching the wall until his knuckles were bleeding.