Chapter thirty-two🫶🏼

Start from the beginning

A: Evelyn? What's up kiddo Luca said you were on your way.

R: Capo this is Rain, she was shot at the school there was hit on me. She jumped in front of me I don't know how bad it is. 'Don't close your eyes, baby.'

E: I'm okay, I promise.

A: Fuck! Okay hurry up, Rain I'm trusting you with my sister's life. You better take good fucking care of her while you drive.

R: With all due respect sir please shut the fuck up. Your sister is trying to push my fucking hand away. 'Ev stop I have to put pressure!'

E: Fuck off please, it hurts Rain...it hurts.

A: Evelyn listen, Rain has to put pressure to help keep the bleeding to a minimum. Try to relax for me, I know it's hard.

R: Shit! Evelyn wake up! Angelo, we are here!

Click.

I heard the light yells around me as black dots started to cloud my vision. I watched as Rain ran into a building and I saw all of my brothers standing around to help. I tried to keep my eyes open but they felt so heavy that I had to close them.

Rains pov

"Shit." I looked over at Angelo and then glanced down at Evelyn who had fallen limp in my arms. Shit is right, that crazy woman took a fucking bullet for me!

I ran into the empty medic room and placed Evelyn on the bed while still holding her side in my hand, her blood was dripping from my fingers and I tried to stay calm and not absolutely freak out and try to wake her up like a crazy person.

Angelo told me to lift her shirt as he started to get his tools ready so I quickly tucked her shirt into her sports bra. I could feel her brother's gazes on me but at the moment I couldn't give two fucks about them. I held a rag to her side as Angelo grabbed a tray of items.

I moved out of the way and felt a heavy hand on my shoulder. I turned my head to face Luca and put my head down in shame. "Thank you. I need details, everything from when she called me." I was in shock that LUCA of all people told me a 'thank you' I turned away and looked down at Evelyn.

Right as Angelo was about to put the long tweezers into the hole in her side she shifted in her unconscious state. My skin shivered as if I was cold but I was completely warm, I don't know what just happened but when she did that I wanted to crawl out of my skin and hide.

Marco held her arm down while Angelo gave her an IV. "What is that?" Angelo glanced up at me and glared at me. "A sedative, you want her to feel pain?" I quickly shook my head and turned back to Luca.

Luca nodded to the door and I got the hint and followed him to his office. Once we got to the foggy glass door he opened it and I walked in behind him. The brothers have an office firm that hides the illegal shit, Luca being second to Angelo as Angelo took the head of being CEO.

When I stepped into the large office I looked around at the simple black and white office that had one leather chair that sat in front of a medium size black desk. "Sit." I walked to the seat and sat while I waited for the questions to roll in.