I Got Hit in the Head... With a Couch

Start from the beginning

Two

"He probably won't even answer,"

Three rings before he picked up.

"Hello?" his words were slurred and he sounded tired.

I bit my lip,"Dean?"

"Yea? Jaynalee?"

"Yea it's me," i mumbled,"I kind of need your help,"

"With what?" he huffed.

"I'm stranded at the club, I need a ride. I would just walk but there's this guy and he's getting a little-"

He stopped me"I'm coming. What club are you at?"

"Fire and Ice, it's downtown on-"

He interrupted me again"I know where it is," he said chuckling,"I'll be there in ten,"

"Thank you..."

"I would say no problem, but it kind of is. Anyway getting in the car now... be careful alright?"

He hung up.

"Ok then," I muttered to no one as I slid my phone into my back pocket and unlocked the stall door.

After fixing my makeup in the mirror I left the bathroom, quickly crossing the dance floor on the opposite side of the room that I had left that Christian guy on.

My hands were shaking by the time I make it back to the bar and I was glancing over my shoulder every few seconds.

"You alright?"

I jumped as somebody spoke from beside me,"Huh?"

I looked over to see the guy I had payed earlier to watch the dog.

"I said are you alright? You look a little freaked out,"

I shook my head nervously,"I'm not alright but I'm leaving now, could you go grab the dog please? ou can keep the money, I don't care that it was only a few hours,"

The guy gave me a weird look before walking into the back room and coming back out with my purse in hand.

"Here ya go," he said, handing it over the counter to me,"I'm Rex by the way," he added.

I gave him a small smile, shaking his outstretched hand,"Jaynalee,"

"So what's got you so freaked out?"

I sighed, sitting the purse on the counter next to me. I looked behind me nervously,"Just some guy. A little too rough for me," I added quietly.

Rex shook his head,"I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess his name is Christian?"

I cocked my head to the side,"Yea, how'd you know?"

He sighed,"Your not the first girl to have to sneak out of here. Chris and I used to be pretty good buddies back in the day, he's a different guy now though,"

"Oh," was all I could say.

"I'll be right back," he said sighing loudly,"I need a smoke, you want one?"

I shook my head,"I don't smoke,"

He shrugged his shoulders,"Suit yourself," he said as he walked through the back doors again.

I glanced at my phone again, hoping for a text from Dean saying that he was here. No such luck of course. I couldn't help but wonder what had happened to Chris to make him like that. My thoughts were interrupted when I felt a firm arm wrap around me from behind.

"I thought you said you were coming right back Jay?" he growled in my ear.

I shook my head back and forth quickly with my eyes closed,"I know, I was going to but something came up. I have to get home now," I said shakily.