4. Fates Intertwining

Start from the beginning

The two momentarily end their conversation as Naomi stops the ambulance next to Truck 61. They both hop out, Naomi retrieving the paramedic bag whilst Avery gets the backboard and gurney out.

"What do we have?" She calls out as she walks to the wreckage before her.

"Single driver. Looks like no airbags deployed. The steering wheel could have concussed him. I think he's in shock as well. Might have a broken arm. We're working on getting the door open, one minute tops." Kai says to her. "Witnesses say he looked to be having some sort of seizure." She nods walking over to the car to assess the scene for herself. "Sir, can you hear me?" She shouts out, bending so she could be at eye level with the driver. She could see his chest rising and falling rapidly. "Try not to move okay, we're going to get you out of there real soon, don't worry!" she reassures him. She steps back as a firefighter approaches the door with the 'Jaws of Life' machine.

Avery comes up next to her, the two waiting to get to their victim.

"Door's off, you guys are up," The firefighter, Daniel, shouts to them as he moves out of the way. The two women rush up to the car, immediately jumping into action. "Sir, can you tell me your name?" Naomi asks as she uses her penlight to check his eyes.

"Jensen," The man replies softly with a groan.

"Okay great. You're doing good. We're going to give you some morphine for the pain and then were going to take you to the hospital okay."

~

JENSEN CARTER

Jensen Carter pants heavily as he limps through the house. The poison in his system had his blood running hot through his veins. He felt the blood dripping down his chest, pain radiating from the wound. The poison was preventing him from healing. He growls as he walks along the corridor of the large house. He'd yet to find the room he was looking for. He had to move quicker as reinforcements would be pulling up to the mansion soon. The men he knocked unconscious had managed to send out a distress call before he could incapacitate them. Stopping mid-stride, he takes in a deep breath, his lungs stinging in protest. Opting for shorter sniffs, he tries again.

Catching the scent he was looking for, he sets off again. His injured leg burns with each step, blood soaking through his pant leg. He comes to a stop in front of a lake-wood brass double door that had an oval of frosted glass at its center. Standing to the side, he pushes the door open, slightly surprised to see it unlocked. As the door swings open, gunshots sound from within the room. Jensen watches as bullets spray through the open door, embedding themselves in the wall of the corridor. He waits patiently, watching the bullets fly by.

Just as suddenly as they started, the rain of bullets comes to an end, the telltale clicks of an empty mag filling the room. With a growl, Jensen pushes himself off the wall, bursting into the room. With his senses dampened due to the drugs in his system, he relies on his combat training. Ignoring the pain, he launches himself over a table tackling the shooter. The gun flies out of the other man's hands as they fall to the ground. Jensen lands on top of him, using his weight to push him into the floor as much as he could. He brings his hands to the man's neck, pointing a finger at his vein. The man below him begins to hyperventilate, sweat gathering at his brows. Slowly, Jensen lets his wolf claws emerge, the pointed tip piercing the man's skin, a single droplet of blood slowly forming.

"You're going to tell me what I want to know," He says with a growl, eyes flashing briefly.

~

Jensen swerves recklessly onto the right side lane of the highway, narrowly avoiding colliding with another car. The grey pickup truck that was right behind him swerves into the lane as well - The drivers of surrounding cars honking their horns angrily. Jensen hisses as a sharp pain travels through his head, his vision blurring momentarily. He tightens his grip on the steering swerving onto the exit. The truck behind him does the same, speeding up.

Jensen jerks forwards as the truck rear-ends him, almost losing control of his car. He presses his feet down harder on the gas, hoping to get some distance from the truck. He wildly weaves through cars, scraping the sides of some unfortunate ones. Glancing in his rearview mirror, he sees the truck was now two cars behind him. He lets out a sigh - thinking for a brief moment that he was going to make it to his destination. Freedom and safety were within his reach.

At least they were within his reach.
In a cruel twist of fate, his muscles begin to spasm painfully, his vision completely going black.

~

"Sir, can you hear me?" A male voice shouts at Jensen. "You've been in an accident. I'm with the fire department, we're going to get you out of there quick okay."

-

"Sir, can you hear me?" A female voice shout out to him this time. "Try not to move okay, we're going to get you out of there real soon don't worry!" The voice continues. Jensen found the woman's voice to be oddly calming, even though she was yelling at him.

-

"Door's off, you guys are up," a different male voice shouts this time. Jensen's sensitive hearing picked up the sounds of two sets of feet running toward him. He was too exhausted to open his eye on his own, his entire body feeling weak.

"Sir, can you tell me your name?" The feminine voice from earlier says to him. It was softer now, gentler.

Jensen feels a warm finger against his eyelid, a bright light flashing briefly in his eyes. Summoning his strength, he manages to groan out his name to the woman - he had to answer her.

"Okay great. You're doing good. We're going to give you some morphine for the pain and then were going to take you to the hospital okay."

"Which hospital?" Jensen manages to ask as he feels himself being lifted and placed down in a lying position.

"The nearest hospital is T.C. General," A different feminine voice replies to him.

"No, No. Can't go there." He chokes out.

"Sorry bud, you are in rough shape. T.C. General is nearest, so that's where we're going."

Jensen knew if he was rolled into Tares City General, that'll be the end of him. There were numerous hunters stationed there - he wouldn't stand a chance, especially not in this state.
Summoning all his energy, he opens his eyes, his hand flying out to grab the one holding a cold metal against his chest. He stares into the dark brown eyes of a woman with short black hair, his eye pleading with her.

"Please, take me to Oak Crest Medical. Please!"