Episode Zero: Splatfest Disaster (Preview)

(Start in Splatsville Square. The place is decked out for a Splatfest with lights and banners and kids in the streets wearing red, yellow, and blue tie-dye shirts dancing and celebrating. Meanwhile, HIRO stands in the middle wearing a yellow shirt and watching a newscast of SHIVER, FRYE, and BIG MAN on his phone.)

Shiver-Listen up! It's going down. Repping the Splatlands, we are Deep Cut!

Frye-Anarchy Splatcast! We're live!

Big Man-Here we go!

Shiver-You lip-synch. We drip ink.

Big Man-Shiver, Frye, and Big Man!

Shiver-This month's Splatfest is on now! Choose a team: Shiver, Frye, or Big Man!

Big Man-The square in the Pledge Box at choosing a team by the fun on join in! [NOTE: BIG MAN speaks with Mantari syntax, so his sentences will be a little difficult to read at first.]

Shiver-And that's it...for now.

Frye-Ooo, spicy!

Shiver-From Splatsville, that's a wrap.

(She taps her fan on her box. She and FRYE stand up.)

Shiver/Frye-Catch ya later!

(HIRO puts away his phone. He looks around at all the kids in red.)

Hiro-Oh, great. It's another Big Man Sweep.

(SHUMI charges in wearing a red shirt of her own.)

Shumi-BIG MAN SWEEP!

Hiro-Really? Not you, too.

Shumi-Why, you mad that we win at the popularity polls every month?

(A float with BIG MAN dancing on it floats past them. SHUMI waves.)

Shumi-Hi, Big Man! I love you!

(BIG MAN notices her and waves back.)

Shumi-Ahhhh! (to HIRO) Why do you even pick Frye, anyway? You know you're just going to lose.

Hiro-Frye fans are an underrepresented group. Someone needs to speak up for the little guys.

Shumi-Dude, you're literally rich.

(She starts running towards SquidForce Tower.)

Hiro-What, just because I'm rich means I can't be oppressed?

(He follows her. Opening theme. Cut to the lobby of SquidForce Tower. SHUMI bursts in and drops her backpack on the clerk's desk.)

Shumi-Keep 'im running, Zaki. I'm coming in hot today!

(She runs to the locker room. The clerk, ZAKI [Yes, that ZAKI,] opens the backpack and takes out YANGHAI, a Smallfry Salmonid.)

Zaki-Shumi, for the last time, I'm a clerk, not a pet sitter.

(SHUMI runs out of the locker with her Tri-Stringer.)