"Klaus is known to be the oldest." Stefan told, looking between Elena and Cassidy.

"Okay, so you're saying that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me, and possibly Cassidy?" Elena wondered worriedly, causing Cassidy to silently scoff, knowing that there was a good chance that Elena wasn't even worried about her, just herself. Sure, they weren't enemies anymore, but they were still far from friends. Elena's question received two different responses from Rose and Stefan.

"Yes."

"No."

"What they're saying is..." Damon cut in. "I mean, if what she's saying is true--"

"Which it is."

"And you're not saying it so I don't kill you--"

"Which I'm not."

"Then we're looking at a solid maybe."

"Look, Elijah's dead, right? So no one else even knows that you guys exist." Stefan reminded, and Cassidy did well in hiding her knowing smirk. They had no idea... and she was going to keep it that way, for now. Sure, Elijah had not bothered trying to speak to her, but Cassidy was still quite concerned for his safety if her friends found out he was alive.

"Not that you know of." Rose shot back, causing Cassidy to shoot her a look.

"Wow, thanks for the optimistic thoughts. You're a big help, Rosie."

"My name is Rose!"

"Yeah, whatever, Rosie."

"Look, I've never even met anyone who's laid eyes on him. I mean, we're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction. We don't know if he's real. For all we know he could just be some sort of stupid bed time story." Stefan explained, being the positive one.

"He's real and he doesn't give up!" Rose exclaimed, getting frustrated that no one is believing her about how dangerous Klaus was. "If he wants something, he gets it. If you're not afraid of Klaus, then you're an idiot."

"Please." Cassidy scoffed. "I'm an idiot then, 'cause no Klaus dude is going to scare me."

"You should be scared the most."

"And why is that?"

"Because he used to always mention your name." Rose informed, causing Cassidy to tense up. "This was 500 years ago, but I always used to overhear him and Elijah speaking of a girl named Cassidy Forbes. That is you, is it not?"

"It is, but--"

"Klaus is searching for you, more than he is for Elena." Rose warned. "If I were you, I'd stay hidden. You don't want him to find you. He is dangerous, Cassidy."

"Thanks for the warning, but I'll be fine." Cassidy shrugged, although her heartbeat had sped up tremendously.

"Well, if anyone dares hurt my little witch, I'll chop of their head." Damon smirked, playing the role as the protective best friend. Cassidy smiled at him. Elena then stood up with a sigh, casting a quick jealous look in Cassidy's direction for smiling at her mate like that and the fact that she couldn't do that normally. She was supposed to dislike Damon! But she couldn't bring herself to...

"Where are you going?" Stefan asked her.

"School. I'm late."

"Let me grab my stuff, I'll go with you."

"It's okay, I know where it is." Elena snapped at her boyfriend by accident. The mate bond was beginning to turn her against Stefan and make her realise her growing feelings for Damon, her mate, no matter how much she tried to deny it. "Cass, you coming?"