Chapter 56.1

Lu Huan didn't understand the mechanism behind the bubbles' appearance, he simply guessed that they should appear when his inner emotions were more turbulent.

Su Xi just saw the bubbles above his head and laughed wildly on the table. She was not shocked at all, she was used to it. It seemed like the bubbles had been popping up for a while now.

...I don't know what weird thoughts show up each time the bubbles pop up.

Thinking this, Lu Huan's face became increasingly ugly.

He was simply unlovable.

In fact, like all teenagers in the world who had a crush, he rather hoped that Xiao Xi knew of the thoughts that kept him up at night over and over again.

But at the same time, he was afraid to tell her.

He was afraid that once she knew, she would feel uncomfortable, feel weird, and would let go of the brick in her hand and never come back. His dynasty and her world were thousands of years apart, and he was more afraid of losing her than anyone.

Moreover, he was afraid that even the current relaxed and warm atmosphere couldn't exist between the two anymore.

......

However, judging from Xiao Xi's current attitude that still regards him only as a cartoon character, the bubbles that pop up above his head should never say the words "like" or "admiration".

Thinking about this, Lu Huan was in a complicated mood, but he was a little relieved.

But every time she takes the brick to meet him, he can hardly restrain his joy, when she didn't come to find him, he couldn't help but miss her. When it was time to go to bed, although he urged her to go to bed, he still had a thousand reluctances in his heart... There are so many emotions related to her that it is difficult to control.

Lu Huan was afraid that one day he would not be careful, and the bubble above his head would accidentally reveal by itself what he couldn't say.

So when Xiao Xi came to see him again he took a deep breath and tried his best to focus on what was in front of him and what he said to her, trying to keep his inner emotions from fluctuating too much.

......

Su Xi was not a fool either, she soon found out that the Cub was acting a bit weird

Usually the bubbles above his head will pop up every three to five minutes. Even if there was no text in the bubbles, small suns, small red hearts, and desolate little leaves will pop up to express his feelings. But since last time, after the thought of "I want to return to the capital," there were no bubbles for a long time.

This was not the strangest thing.

In the past, he did not know what direction she was in, so when he spoke to her, he subconsciously looked into the void. But recently, he has been looking in a fixed direction, looking up directly in front of him-even if there is a table in front of him. Could it be that he thought she would stand on the table and talk to him?

Not just that, but his expression would also be a little strange sometimes. For example, when she slapped the table and laughed wildly, he should not have seen her, but the expression on his face was somewhat despondent and stiff.

(Bored Diva: the author used the expression 生无可恋 - shēng wú kě liàn, it's an internet slang that does not translate well. Means "life without love" and, according to baidu, conveys " that there are no people or things to be missed in life, and life has no meaning". I think it means he is very disappointed with having the image of her destroyed. https://baike.baidu.com/item/%E7%94%9F%E6%97%A0%E5%8F%AF%E6%81%8B/19876415)