Chapter 49.1

The person the cub wanted Su Xi to meet was Yan Country's well-known wandering taoist priest, who came from Changchun Temple hundreds of years ago. It was hearsay that he was over hundreds of years old, had been received by several emperors of other countries before, and had even left in his wake many deeds and legends about calling back souls who had been about to reincarnate.

This taoist priest: Yunyou, had traveled to many countries in the last ten years. But his traces could not be found, therefore, the cub spent several months trying to find this person through General Zhenyuan.

The cub absolutely had not believed in ghosts and spirits before, but after mistaking her for being a ghost, he actually started to believe in them.

Though he did not know whether those deeds circulating the wandering taoist priest were real or not, many records regarding ghosts and spirits in Yan Country had indeed been compiled by him and his disciples.

Therefore, no matter how, finding him was equal to finding a sliver of hope.

If he still could not obtain hope from this taoist priest, then there wasn't any other way under this heaven for Su Xi to appear.

At this very moment, General Zhenyuan's subordinate was leading that taoist priest to Changchun Temple; him and Su Xi only needed to leave for Changchun Temple and wait there, then they would be able to meet the taoist priest, who was famous far and wide.

......

Su Xi was outside the screen, watching the cub going wild with joy while ordering someone to prepare a horse, planning to immediately leave for Changchun Temple, looking filled with hope. She couldn't help but have mixed feelings; for a while she didn't know what to do......

Look for an excuse, say that she had things to do tonight, and couldn't go with him to Changchun Temple? And then not going online for a few days, coincidentally missing out on this taoist priest?

Once this idea appeared in Su Xi's mind, she immediately vetoed it. No no no, doing this would be highly unfair to the cub, and also very irresponsible.

Besides, even if she didn't meet this taoist priest Yunyou this time, the cub would definitely still think of a way to bring her to this taoist priest another time.

......This matter may go undetected during the new moon, but when it is the full moon, it'll be found out.

(T/N: it cannot be put off forever)

Sooner or later, there would be a day where the cub knew that they were people of two different worlds, and that she could accompany him until he was old, but would never be able to appear in front of him. Since that was the case, it would be better for him to know tonight. Although he would be sad, Su Xi was thinking, he still had his own ambitions; he also had his own friends, mentor, and alliance now, so no accidents would happen to him.

......

Su Xi was agitated. She hesitated for a long time, and ultimately pulled the cub's left sleeve, meaning, okay, I'll go together with you.

However it was at this moment, probably because the upcoming journey to Changchun Temple had triggered a new task, a message popped up on the screen:

【Please accept main task ten (Middle Grade) : Select one official in the imperial court who has prestige, with the minimum being second grade, for the main character. Then allow him to make up his mind to stand behind the main character's back, supporting the main character in ascending to the throne.】

Su Xi felt that this task didn't have a starting point at all, since currently there were several big officials among the imperial court who already recognized the cub. However, the cub's identity as a prince had not been discovered yet, so even if they did recognize him, it would be impossible for them to support a bastard son of the Ning Estate to ascend to the throne: that would turn into a scheme to usurp the throne!