Chapter 33

The news of the assassination attempt of the Second Prince has spread in the palace in the past eight days.

This kind of incident can be called a court scandal. Regardless of the cause of the assassination, if it is because of a riot caused by a natural disaster, or by someone deliberately plotting to murder the prince, the royal family does not want the news to spread.

However, there were too many young noble ladies who went to the hunt in the Qiuyan Mountain that day. Although on the surface they were all silent and did not leak any news, in private, they had already spread it.

The Emperor was furious at this, he quickly dispatched the Imperial Guard to investigate, and sent the Imperial Physician to treat the Second Prince.

During the diagnosis and treatment, the Imperial Physician probed some of the powder on the chest of the Second Prince with his fingers, put it under his nose and smelled it carefully. He was very suspicious, and there was a look on his face as if there was something difficult to say.

The Second Prince had laid on the bed only for a few days, but the wounds on his chest that almost reached his heart were almost healed, yet he still looked weak. He asked:

"Doctor Xu, what have you found?"

Dr. Xu said:

"His Royal Highness, to tell you the truth, this medicinal powder should have the same ingredients as the healing medicine (1) of the imperial physicians. It is made of hibiscus leaves, borneol, etc., but I don't know why this healing medicine has such a miraculous effect, to let your injury recover so fast!"

The medicine is called 金创药 (Jīn chuàng yào), a reference to a medicine in an online game, that has the effect of replenishing qi and blood, restoring vitality. ()

"This minister has never seen a medicine with such a recovery effect. There must be some other secret formula in this powder, but this minister is incompetent and can't tell what it is."

"The one who healed you must be the genius doctor!"

Even before he said it, the Second Prince had already thought that it was very strange. The arrow he pierced himself with went deeply into his flesh. A little deeper, and he might have been going to meet the lord of the underworld. According to his original plan, the wound should have taken at least three to five months to heal.

But now, because of the inexplicable appearance of an unknown person in the Qiuyan Mountain, he would be able to get out of bed in just a few days!

The Second Prince's plan was destroyed. Although there was some irritation in his heart, there were more doubts.

Who is the one who saved him? Why save him? No ordinary person can produce this kind of magical medicine.

"Doctor Xu, you are so knowledgeable, can you guess who made this healing medicine?"

Doctor Xu said:

"This minister is ashamed to say he has no idea. But some days ago, I heard that someone in the capital was treating people in Yong'an Temple. Many people who were suffering from typhoid fever were healed overnight. This official feels that the one who did this is likely the same as the genius doctor who saved people in Yong'an Temple."

The Second Prince had also thought about this, but just by relying on this bit of medicine, the person who saved him could not be definitely connected to the one at Yong'an Temple.

He frowned and told Doctor Xu:

"You should withdraw first. By the way, do not spread the word that I'm almost healed."