Chapter 47.1

Su Xi felt that ever since his return from the barracks trip, the cub's emotions had been fluctuating inexplicably.

When she was online these past few days, the cub still shone as usual. But when she tucked him in the quilt like an old mother, and when she grabbed a robe and threw it on him while he was reading to signal to him not to catch a cold, and when, from time to time, she stole two eggs from the kitchen of the Ministry of War and threw them on the table to help him replenish his body - the cub didn't look so happy; his eyebrows were always constricted...

Although he still looked at her gently and thanked her.

....... But when he lowered his head, his lips were pursed, as if there was something blocked in his heart, but it was so obscure that it made him unable to open his mouth.

When Su Xi saw him come back from General Zhenyuan, the hem of his official uniform seemed to have a hole, but he wasn't paying any attention to it. It would be fine if it were other clothes, anyway, the cub was no longer the cub of the past, he already had money, he could just replace it, but this was an official uniform.

So Su Xi took advantage of the time he fell asleep at night, exchanged money for sewing skills from the mall, and happily mended it for him.

When the cub got up the next day, he found out.

Su Xi was a little proud when she went online, waiting to see a look of joy on the cub's steamed stuffed bun's face. After all, she had secretly sent something like this to him before, and when he had found out, his face seemed to have flowed through a warm current, softening. But this time, she saw the cub wearing a white shirt and holding the patched official uniform in his hand. The expression on his face was very complicated, and his eyes were dark--

Su Xi:...Huh?

She didn't know what the cub was thinking; in short, he didn't seem to be very happy, on the contrary, he looked a little lost. He touched the patched area on the official uniform with his finger, and laughed at himself, the expression on his face a little astringent.

Then, in the morning, he was silent for a long time before he put on his official clothes and went to the government office.

Before she was about to say hello to him and tell him that she was there, she witnessed the subtle shifts in expression on his face.

Su Xi didn't understand what happened to her game cub. If she had done this before, he would have been very happy and looked at her brightly, but now-- was he tired of his old mother's company?!

Was it that? Before she even got tired of playing this game, her game cub was tired of her, right? !

Su Xi felt like she got struck with a lightning bolt sent from heaven!

After she turned off the screen, her mind went blank as she pondered over what she had done wrong; recently-apart from meddling a little bit and letting the cub go to see the daughter of the Minister of War, did she do anything terrible?

Then why was there an inexplicable sense of awkwardness between the cub and her ever since they had come back from the barracks?

These days, when she eagerly reminded the cub to put on more clothes, the cub was always stiff; she thought it was just her illusion, but after witnessing that the cub was not so happy after receiving his mended clothes, she finally realized that the sense of awkwardness these days was not an illusion.

Su Xi was puzzled, and became a little depressed.

She knew that this may be because every time she went online, no matter what she did, the cub always waited for her with dark eyes, which made Su Xi feel needed and cared for. But these days, she didn't know what the cub was thinking, he was in a strange mood, and he was stiff and awkward with her. She felt uncomfortable all over.