Chapter 54

Su Xi had problems like this ever since she was a child, her body was naturally a little cold. Once her menstrual cramps started, it got so painful that she wanted to roll on the bed.

She frowned painfully and struggled to prop herself up. She opened up her nightstand only to find out the painkillers she'd put inside had already run out.

She had to lie back weakly and curl up into a ball.

Her hands and feet felt cold for a while, her forehead was covered with cold sweat, and she faded in and out of consciousness.

She didn't know if it was her delusion or not, but suddenly she felt a warm thing under her feet, like an electric heating pad.

Su Xi's brain crashed, making her confused. The blanket that was warmed last night already cooled down. Why is it suddenly getting hot again?

.......

It was Lu Huans' first time facing a woman's abdominal pain when she started her period, so he couldn't help but be in a bit of a hurry.

In pharmacology books, he learned how to use Xuanhu, Wulingzhi, etc in a soup to stop pain, but that was the method of his dynasty and it couldn't be used on her side.

(T/N: Xuanhu and Wulingzhi are Chinese medicinal herbs.)

There should be more effective medicine on her side, but Lu Huan's unlocked section was only her house and around her home. There was no pharmacy in the area. Even if there was, Lu Huan couldn't buy medicine with silver.

Lu Huan walked to and fro in the tent, frowning.

The symptoms of menstrual pain should be treated with a heat source, Lu Huan thought, then carefully lifted the quilt beside her feet through the curtain, moved the round object to the hall, and found a long black thread, connecting it to something called a "socket" in the corner of the hall.

After the red bubble on the circular object glows, it should start to get warm.

Then Lu Huan gently took it back and stuffed the round object into the quilt at her feet while Su Xi's eyes were closed.

(T/N: I have no idea what this round object they're referring to is. The closest thing I can think of is a weighted, heated blanket.)

Lu Huan would do this every night before he saw Su Xi go to sleep. Although he did not know what the round object was, he could probably guess that it was similar to a charcoal fire that could be held in his arms to keep warm.

He has a good memory, never forgets, learns quickly, and has been able to use it skillfully.

After he placed the thing beside her, Su Xi's painful expression finally eased and he breathed a sigh of relief after the number of times she tossed and turned in bed lessened.

.......

Lu Huan switched the screen to the kitchen and found a bag of brown sugar in the cupboard.

In the dynasty a thousand years in the future, everything was extremely new to Lu Huan.

He didn't like the rectangular black screen hanging on the wall of the main hallway, because once it was opened by Su Xi's mother, there would be a lot of people making noise, either doing some strange dances or singing some very harsh songs.

However, when opened by Su Xi, there are often other little cartoons that are unfamiliar with each other, and those cartoons often harbored a love-hate relationship with each other. Su Xi laughed with potato chips in her arms, and Lu Huan, outside the screen, was dealing with some military affairs in the tent while looking up at her from time to time.