Chapter 9, Act 1: Time to go back

Spending all my motivations on this since I have exams next week ;-;

[Your Pov]

A week have passed, and I was finally able to go back to Liyue now. I was now boarding the ship that'll take me to Liyue Harbor, along with Childe telling me that he'll be in Liyue next week.

Childe bid goodbye as the ship I was in was starting to sail away, " We'll meet again next week, Comrade! Have a safe trip!"

I waved goodbye to him as he was then walking away, 'I'm coming my dear Yaksha...'

(3 days later)

The ship finally arrived at Liyue Harbor, the busy dock can be heard a few meters upon nearing. I went down the ship and walked at the dock.

The fatui had already known what to do since, I always order them to take my stuff to my room, dorm, or inn and after that they'll be given a break for hours or days until they are given another order.

I walk towards the inner city of the Harbor and the buildings and street remained the same. I then went to multiple shops and restaurants, buying some things and foods to eat after a rough week.

After half a day of spending my time in the Harbor I then went to the Wangshu Inn. Not wanting my dear Yaksha to wait anymore longer.

Once arriving, Verr was so happy that I was back, " Welcome back, M/n! The atmosphere of the in changed after you left"

"Hahaha, well it'll change back again but, can I ask is Xiao here?" I asked as Verr frowns and looks at me sadly.

"He's still handling his mission at the Chasm, it's been a long time since he hasn't come back yet. I'm also worried that something must have happened"

" I-I see, I can't go after him since he told me to wait here for him if I arrive earlier than him... I just hope he'll come back safely..." Verr pats your head.

"I'm sure he'll come back safely, some people are with him for this mission since they all have the same purpose there and one of the people there is the traveller" Verr tried to cheer me out.

"mhm.. Well I'll be on my room" I grabbed the key on the desk as I went up to mine and Xiao's bedroom.

After arriving, I changed my clothes and hung my hat on the wall as I then walked towards the bed and layed down.

Letting out a tired sigh, I decided to sleep for now and hope that Xiao will come home soon...

(Timeskip)

A day have passed since Xiao still haven't come back, I was growing worried that something might have happened to him and the other.

I'm currently, at the balcony cooling my self with the calm and cold breeze waiting for Xiao.

"When are you coming back Xiao....." I touched the mark on my neck.

I sadly frowns at it and still put my hopes up for him to comeback safely.

[Author's Pov]

Suddenly, the breeze got stronger and alarmed you. As you we're about to get into your battle stance, your mark glowed and you felt the familiar feeling... With widen eyes, your body calms down and a green portal appears infront of you (a few steps away since you stepped back when the breeze got stronger).

"X-Xiao...?" A figure then comes out of the portal and lands a few steps away from you.

You felt tears coming out of you eyes as figure removed his mask and smiles softly at you.

"I'm back my love...." Xiao said as you ran towards him and hugged him.

Xiao let out a small chuckle and hugs back while patting your back.

"There.. there.... See I'm alright? I kept my promise...." Xiao said as he kissed your forehead.

Soon you calmed down and the two of you looked at each other softly and lovingly. " I missed you, my love...." Xiao said.

"Me too" The two of you then gently kissed and backed away (still hugging) after a few seconds.

The two of you smiled at each other again and continued to hug each other again.

"Welcome back, my dear Yaksha"

___________________
To be continued

Three chapters in a row (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)
Still wondering if I would do another one ✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧

That'll all for this chapter,
Goodbye  y'all (◕ᴗ◕✿)

Total words: 736 words.