Chapter 5, Act 2: Unexpected

Finally have motivation to update qwq

[Author's Pov]

After that night, you woke up from not feeling Xiao sleeping next to you.
It was currently 4am in the morning, you slowly sits up and felt your back hurts a little.

*sigh* 'How sweet of him, he even cleaned the bed and myself after that'

You looked around and didn't see Xiao in the room, 'where is he though...?'

You gently gets off the bed, it was a little struggle ar first but you got a hang of the pain.

'I should look for him, rather than calling him... but first I'm ganna go down to eat' you thought as you went outside of the room and decided to go to the kitchen to eat.

After arriving, you borrowed the kitchen and some ingredients from Smiley Yanxiao. Which he accepted since you do help him out sometimes.

After a few minutes, you finished cooking your special morning dish.

The tea break pancake - Shufflé Léger de Grâce

/ A.n: I might use some shokugeki food pictures and names. And a bit info: You have multiple special dishes not only this /

You happily eat your food, ' My cooking skills will never let me down'

After eating, you heard two familiar voices. You went up to the lobby to see the commotion.

"That's his good mood?!" Paimon exclaimed.

"Oh yes, the adepti are very hard to come by. Many people go their whole lives praying to them, never once actually getting to see one" Verr explained.

"When the Geo Archon built Liyue, he borrowed power from the adepti"

"But most of then only know how to protect Liyue...by fighting"

"So for many millennia, it has instead been humans who have led Liyue, whilst the adepti have lived hidden away on the outskirts.

"You really know a lot, huh boss lady" Paimon said.

Verr chuckles, "It's not 'boss lady', it's just boss..."

"Anyway, since as you have the favor of the adepti, things should be a lot easier"

"Well... If you wanna know my opinion... If you keep Xiao in a good mood, things should be okay" Verr explained.

"Good mood? Can't really imagine what a 'good mood' looks like that 'Vigilant Yaksha'. " Paimon said.

"Haha! Will be interesting, won't it?"

' Come to think of it, I've never seen him smile either... but for M/n he must've seen him smile very recently'

💡

" How bout this, you go see the chef for a bowl of Almond Tofu, and a plate of whatever it is you are best at making"

"I also have another offer, which is--" Verr then got cutted off.

"Oh? Aether, Paimon? What a surprise" you said as you went towards them.

"Y/n! How are you?" Paimon asked.

"I've been well, thank you" you replied.

"It's been a while" Aether said.

"Yeah it's has been a while, Aether"

"Ah perfect timing M/n" Verr said.

"Hm? What's the matter Verr?" You asked as the three of you looked at her.

"These two are in need to meet Xiao, can you help them? You can ask Yanxiao to cook a plate of Almond Tofu" Verr explained.

"I see, well let's go first to Yanxiao. He ran out to the balcony earlier" You said as you looked at the two.

"I'll meet you guys outside" You then left the three to talk.

"Hey boss lady, why do we need help from M/n? Is he related to the Vigilant Yaksha?" Paimon asked.

"Oh right, M/n kept it a secret"

"Secret?" Aether asked.

"Please don't tell this to anyone, Xiao and M/n are dating. That's why Xiao only likes being around M/n, It'll be a great help for you to talk with Xiao much longer" She explained.

"What a surprised! Don't worry Paimon's mouth is completely shut!"

'Yeah I don't trust that' Aether thought.

"Anyway, go now don't wanna make M/n wait"

"Ah right, Thank you for the information" Aether thanked as the two of them left to follow you.

"Well good thing... M/n was present" Verr sighed.

(a.n: I got lazy to do those 'haunted kitchen' part so let's skip)

"Well now that we have the Almond Tofu, it's time to meed Xiao" You said as the two of you went up to the third terrace of the inn.

After arriving, Xiao noticed your presence and the other two that are with you.

"Hi Xiao" You greeted.

"M/n and.... You two again" Xiao said as he frowns while looking at the two behind you.

"Wait Xiao don't go yet, Aether give him the Almond Tofu" You quickly told Aether which he did and gave it to Xiao.

" This is.."

"You guys talk I'll be on my room if you need me" You asked as you walked away.

"Aether! Quick! Tell him everything before he finishes eating!" Paimon told Aether.

(Timeskip)

You we're combing your hair as you heard the door closed.

"How's the talk with Aether and Paimon?" You asked still focusing on your hair.

"Just... about the news of Rex Lapis" Xiao replied as he sat down on the bed.

You then put down the comb and stood up from the chair, "You know Xiao, something has been troubling me for a while after the Terrace incident..."

You turned around and looked at Xiao, "What's wrong, M/n...?" Xiao asked.

"Xiao... I have a feeling you knew about Rex Lapis' death and--"

Xiao's eyes widen in shocked due to what you said......

"Why did he faked his own death?"

________________________
To be continued

Hellooo, sorry if it took a while to update but I hope you all liked the chapter.

That's all I can handle for now

Goodbye🍵