Chapter 1

I heard him enter the house. He threw his keys on the shoe cabinet next to the door. They landed on the aluminum surface with a loud clang. He kicked his sneakers off and threw his jacket on the back of the couch. I have told him more than a million times to hang it on the coat rack, but today it did not bother me in the least. These days, the little things that had annoyed me before were the least of my worries now. I was trying to remember when those indifferent feelings had arisen when he plopped down next to me on the couch, interrupting my thoughts.

"Hey, how was your day?" I asked automatically, like a pre-programmed robot.

"Good," he said in a distracted tone.

"I made dinner. It's on the dining room table if you are hungry," I said.

"Yeah, thanks," he said.

His eyes were fixed on the TV screen, which was playing some silly soap opera. I got up from the couch and decided to do the laundry because I did not want to spend another evening in complete silence. I went down to the basement and checked the laundry basket to see if there was any laundry left in it. We, well, he had maids who could do all these chores, but I was used to doing everything myself. I did not like to bother them with such minor tasks. Besides, these tasks kept me busy during those quiet and lonely days. I put some of his T-shirts and shorts in the washing machine and added detergent.

After starting the machine, I went back to the living room. I found him sitting at the dining table, poking at his salad with a fork. His eyes met mine and he smiled. For a split second, I did not know how to respond, but then I returned the smile.

"Can we talk?" he asked suddenly.

"Sure," I murmured.

I wondered what he wanted to talk about because I could not remember the last time we had really spoken.

"Have a seat," he said, gesturing to a chair next to him.

I sat down in my seat with a confused feeling. He put down his fork with a troubled look.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Let us end this. Let's break up," he said with an impassive expression.

♣♣♣

So this is the first chapter of my 7th story, which I started writing on Instagram in 2015-2016, but the account was deleted. Now the story continues on Wattpad. I have posted new chapters in 2022-2023. The story is far from finished and I do not know how long it will be because I love these characters and have so many ideas for the story. If it gets too long, I might write a sequel.
In the beginning, the chapters will be short (because it's written for Instagram) and later I combined two chapters into one. I am sorry if this is a bit annoying. I can not change the chapters now or I'd have to publish it as a new book, and I do not want to do that.

I hope you will enjoy this new adventure because it's a hell of a ride, I promise ;)

Love,

Lora♥