Chapter Thirty-Eight: Fossil Frenzy.

A/N: Hello, readers! I'm skipping the episodes "Goin' Ape" and "The Silva Switch" because nothing really goes on in those episodes. Enjoy!

edited on august 29th, 2022 @ 7:33am

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT - FOSSIL FRENZY

𝓣𝚁𝙴𝙽𝚃

I WAS CURRENTLY AT RIPTIDE GYM wearing a green shirt with a black leather jacket over it as all of us were training. "C'mon team! Give it all you've got!" Steel encouraged from the sidelines. Devon ended up flipping Ravi to the ground and charged at Nate, Zoey, and I.

"Zoey, Nate, Trent, knock him down!" Steel said.

Zoey and Nate ended up getting knocked down. I used that as I did a surprise attack, knocking Devon to the ground.

"Trent wins!" Steel announced.

"You can't outdo the do-er, Daniels." I told Devon, who just rolled his eyes playfully.

"Well played." Nate said.

"Let's go again." Devon suggested.

"Yeah." Zoey agreed.

"Zoey."

We all paused to see a boy walking in who called Zoey's name. "Hey, big bro." Zoey greeted. "Go ahead without me." She told us, throwing the stick towards me in which I caught it.

Ben and Betty suddenly rushed in. "We're dog-sitting for Dad, and we've lost that rascal. Have you seen him?" Betty asked.

"No, but. . ." Ravi paused as he hopped on one of the blocks. "we've been a little busy. Sorry."

"There he is! He's stealing food again." Betty said, pointing to a dog that was licking a sandwich on a table.

"Don't worry, I got him." I reassured, holding Pickles in my arms.

"Thanks, Trent." Both of the siblings thanked me.

"Of course." I said, handing Pickles over to them.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Hey, guys. What you up to?" Ravi asked as he entered the lab.

"Just finishing Jax's maintenance. All done." Nate replied.

"I feel like a spring chicken!" Jax exclaimed.

"Don't you mean spring rabbit?" Steel corrected as Ravi laughed.

"Did you read this story about Zoey's brother?" Devon questioned as Ravi took the newspaper.

"That guy is crazy brave." Steel commented. "He climbed Honnold Peak to get that fossil."

"Honnold Peak?" Ravi repeated.

"You'd have to be pretty nuts to tackle that cliff alone, even for a rare fossil." Devon stated.

"I didn't know she was going up there." Ravi sets the newspaper down.