Nakime

Word Count : 296

In the past, Nakime was an obscure amateur biwa musician struggling to make ends meet. But the man she married was hopelessly addicted to gambling and squandered her earnings and savings while contributing nothing to improve their lives.

One night, she was scheduled to go to play her biwa at a particular stage but discovered that her husband stole her performing dress and gambled it away. Enraged, Nakime murdered her husband using a hammer. Shortly after she killed her husband, Nakime realized that the appointed time to play was fast approaching, and she was forced to wear a worn-out, ragged dress as she left for her stage in a haste. However, the crowd did not appreciate her shabby looks, and with the traumatic sensation of committing the murder for the first time still fresh in her mind, her hands shook in nervousness as she played her biwa.

But surprisingly, the sound coming from biwa as Nakime played with utmost tension, was so beautiful that her audience loved her performance and shouted for an encore. Both her customers and the stage owner were pleased with the unexpected outcome and Nakime was paid handsomely. Since then, Nakime developed a disturbing habit of killing people before performing for large audiences. Strangely, every time she played her biwa in the aftermath of committing murders, her performance received extraordinarily positive feedback from customers and stage managers.

On a fateful day, she had a routine appointment to perform at another stage, so chose someone to kill, but the target was none other than Muzan Kibutsuji. Muzan was impressed with Nakime's searching skills, so he spared her life and offered to make her a demon. Nakime accepted his offer, became a demon and climbed the ranks, and became one of Muzan's top servants.