Tomioka Giyuu

Word Count : 637

Tomioka Giyuu was born on February 8th, he had a normal childhood alongside his older sister Tsutako. But that started to change after his parents died of an unknown disease, causing him and his sister to fend for themselves. Luckily, Tsutako was old enough to get a job to keep them afloat.

 When Tomioka was twelve, Tsutako got a boyfriend, and when he was thirteen that boyfriend turned into her fiance causing joy to flourish in the two-person family that was about to expand. On the day of Tsutako's wedding however, a tragedy occurs. A couple of demons invaded the Duo's house and Tsutako died protecting her little brother, telling him to run far away before passing away. Giyuu did as his sister told him and ran for almost a day in the harsh conditions of winter, causing him to pass out of a mountain that was later revealed to be Mount Sagiri. Soon after passing out, Giyuu was found by a boy with Orange hair. This boy was named Sabito, and he was an apprentice under the man Sakonji Urokodaki. Sakonji was formally known as the Water Hashira under the Demon Slayer core. However, he retired and became a Demon slayer trainer for the next generation. After finding out what had become of Giyuu's family Sakonji decided to allow Giyuu to train under him. For the next two years of his life, Giyuu trained next to Sabito, and considering they were the same age they quickly became each other's best friends. When Sakonji felt they were ready he gave the two the bolder test and they passed with flying color soon after the task was given. Filled with pride Sakonji crafted and gave the two a fox mask he called a warding mask. Said mask was supposed to protect and repel demons from the two although all it did was unknowingly put a target on their back to a certain demon that Sakonji had put there more than forty years ago. When the Duo made it to the location of the final Selection they looked around in awe as the Wisteria flowers were definitely a sight to see. After the two Ubuyashiki siblings told the description of what was about to occur the two set out into the forest. Unfortunately after two days, the duo was separated. As Giyuu desperately tried to survive the seven days and Sabito was flourishing, killing every demon that came across his sight. On the sixth day however Giyuu was attacked by a Demon and was injured to the point he passed out, luckily for him however, Sabito found him just before the demon could devour him. Sabito saved Giyuu and hid him from sight so no demon could find him. Unlucky for Sabito, he was injured from this fight causing his demise from the hand demon, the same demon Sakonji put there all those years ago. On the seventh day, Giyuu woke up and found his way to the original sight only to find out that the person that single-handedly kill almost all the demons on the mountain was the only person to die during final selection. 

After finding out Sabito died the last of the light that filled Giyuu's eyes died out leaving nothing but sadness and despair. After picking out the metal that was going to make his sword he made his way back to mount Sagiri alone. When he arrived back home Sakonji hugged him in despair...that was the last time Giyuu cried for a very long time. After he obtained his sword and the color changed to blue, Giyuu left the mountain. Around three years after leaving Giyuu was noticed by Ubuyuashiki the leader of the Demon Slayer core and at the age of sixteen/seventeen Tomioka Giyuu was pronounced as the Water Hashira.