Khapter (1) Eitt ~ That Time Liv Got Her Godhood

This is it. The day the two young girls have been waiting for. The day their parents have been waiting for since the birth of the twins.

The day that the two are bestowed their godhoods.

Hela and Liv Odindottri have been waiting a century to have their godly titles bestowed on them.

Everyone on Asgard who knew of the princesses knew what titles they would most likely receive.

It was obvious, as it was in their names.

Hela was to rule over the dead one day, taking her place on the throne in Hel, whether by the time of her death or sooner, if she so chooses.

Liv was to rule over the living one day, working with her father, Odin, to rule over the people, making sure the realms lived in harmony.

Hela was to control the dead, and Liv the living.

The twins were nervous, to say the least. Their parents had been preparing them for this day and those to come ever since they could remember. They couldn't let them down.

Liv looks into Hela's mirror, seeing her sister's pale face and piercing green eyes staring back at Liv's own tan skin and golden eyes. The younger of the two was brushing the eldest's straight raven hair, while the youngest used her magic to stile her own wavy chocolate brown hair.

"There! All done! Now, go put on the dress I picked out for you while I finish up myself." Liv pushed her older sister towards her wardrobe, making her put on the long forest green dress. Liv herself was wearing a long dark blue dress, both of the girls wearing their signature colors.

"Why can't I just wear some pants and a nice blouse? Or even my armor? These cursed dresses are incredibly uncomfortable." Hela grumbled to her sister.

"Because if you don't, father would have a fit." Liv chuckled at her sister. Every time her older counterpart had to wear a dress, she would ask if she had to wear it and suggest pants instead, with Liv's response being the same warning about their father.

Hela wandered into the bathroom, while Liv sat at her sister's vanity working as she did her makeup.

Right as Hela finished changing and Liv finished her makeup, someone knocked on the door.

"Your highness's? The ceremony is to start soon. It is time to make your way to the throne room." Liv's maid informed them, sticking her head through the door.

"Thank you, Madison. We shall be there shortly." Liv dismissed her maid.

"I still can't believe you know your maid's name," Hela mumbled.

"And I still can't believe you don't know yours. It's Angelina, by the way." Liv said, taking her sister's hand and leading her out of the room. "You look beautiful, my sister. I know you don't like dresses, but you look fantastic in them!" She complimented her sister, giving her a sincere smile.

"Thank you. You look amazing as always as well." Hela returned the compliment.

The two walked wordlessly the rest of the way to the throne room. The halls were lined with the palace guards making sure the princesses get to their destination safely, all bowing their heads in respect as the two girls passed.

When the twins approached the throne room's large double doors, they could already hear the chatter of the people waiting to see their princesses receive their godhoods. The two stopped at the doors, giving themselves a moment to prepare for walking into the large and crowded hall.

Liv looks over at her sister, who although has a neutral, almost uncaring expression, had eyes that told a million stories. Liv could tell that her older sister was nervous, and while Liv was too, she didn't want to show it for the sake of her sister.

She needed to be strong. For the both of them.

Liv took her sister's hand and gave a reassuring squeeze, looking towards the guards to give her nod of approval.

The throne room doors soon opened, and the people practically roared to show their support for the two princesses.

The room was filled with people, from the nobility to the townspeople. The decorations were a mix of a midnight blue and a deep green, representing both girls.

Odin was sitting on his throne at the other end of the hall, with the girls' mother, Frigga, standing one step below him.

This was it.

It was time.