Khapter (20) Tuttugu ~ That Time Liv Saw Through His Eyes

I told Howard and the Colonel.

About everything.

About my past, my powers, and my wings.

I thought it was about time, plus telling them allowed me to join in Howard's own search of finding the plane they went down in, and therefore them.

Without the fully formed feather, though, and my not being able to use my sight ability, I may as well have not told them.

I was no help.

But I knew who could be.

One night, when everyone was asleep, I went outside and sat cross-legged in a field not that far from the base, letting my wings out to stretch for the first time in a while as I closed my eyes.

I took a deep breath, then whispered into the air, "Let me see through your eyes."

When opening my eyes again, I was faced with a face I knew all too well, but hadn't seen in far too long.

"How are you, my friend?" I softly smiled.

"Your Highness." He bowed, a soft smirk on his lips.

"Oh please, I have not been "your highness" for several centuries now." I chuckled, walking over to the tall man in gold armor.

"To me, you shall always have a place on the throne." He extended his arms as I came up to his post, embracing me in a tight hug. "Now, I know there is a reason you have come to see me." He said as we parted.

"We haven't seen each other in so long. How do you think it is that I need something and not that I just wanted to see my friend?" I crossed my arms with a slight smirk that I was trying - and failing - to hide.

Heimdall just gave me a deadpan look.

"Ok ok, you caught me." I nervously laughed. "I need your help."

"I am aware of your predicament." He nodded.

"Nice to know you are at least keeping tabs on me."

"Of course I am. I may be able to see all those in the nine realms, but you, my dear Liv, are one of my closest friends. I shall always make sure you are doing well."

"As well as I can while in exile." I shrugged, my small smile fading even more.

Heimdall paused, before finally seeming to find something to say.

"They are doing well. Your family."

"Ah yes. The new and improved house of Odin. How are my little brothers doing?" I walked around the golden dome, before stopping at the opening and looking out at the view of Asgard.

It took my breath away every time.

"The eldest of the two has recently given your sister's hammer." He started, setting his sword to the side and coming over to join me.

"I'm sure she would not like that news in the least." My smile returned a bit, thinking of my sister.

"No, she would not. Your youngest brother has just recently gotten his godhood powers under control. It has taken him quite a while, but with the help of your mother he has made excellent progress."

"With my mother, anyone can learn magic." I smiled wider. "How is she?"

"She is doing well, but she misses you both greatly every day. She even made it so your same maids have been cleaning your rooms. It is almost as if the two of you never left."

"Never got banished, I think you mean." I looked toward the ground, seeing the beautiful rainbow bridge just a few feet in front of me.

"I can show you how to do it."

I looked up at Heimdall, who was looking out at Asgard.

"What?"

"You were going to ask me if I could find them myself. But I think I can do you one better." He turned to me then. "I can show you how to control your powers."

"Really? I don't think Odin would be too pleased."

"Well then, princess. I guess this will have to stay between us."

I started chuckling then. "Well, it's not the first secret we will be hiding from the Allfather and Allmother, is it?"

"No, and I doubt it will be the last."