30 | a gift

Joa stood in front of Jay's room while tightly holding a container in her hand

Joa stood in front of Jay's room while tightly holding a container in her hand . She took a deep breath, debating with herself whether she should go in or not .

She paced back and forth in front of Jay's room , still unable to make a decision .

"Ms. Ryu, what are you doing here?"
Heeseung's voice surprised Joa .

Joa awkwardly chuckled before brushing her nape .
"Actually..."

She extended her hand to Heeseung, revealing the bluish container to him .
"I cooked this for Jay... Can you please hand it to him ?"

Heeseung gave her a sarcastic grin before wiggling his eyebrows .
"Mr Park is inside, you can go in and give it to him by yourself"

Before Joa could escape, Heeseung grabbed her wrist and pulled her into Jay's room by force.  Jay who was reading a few papers flinched because he heard the small argument but he was more surprised when he saw Joa .

"Mr. Park.  Ms Ryu came to see you"
Heeseung said .

He continued ,
"She cooks something for you "

Joa glared at Heeseung who was giggling in victory . She thought of using Heeseung but the man himself trapped her .

Jay's heart softened as soon as he heard that .
"Joa cook for me ?"

"Yes, yes! Go Ms Ryu , give him the container !"
Heeseung exclaimed, he excitedly pushed Joa towards Jay as the female never stopped giving him deathly looks .

Joa shrugged her shoulders and approached Jay who was sitting on his swivel chair .

"Here .. thank you for helping me yesterday"
Joa put the container on the table .

She added ,
"I feel indebted to you. Just consider this a gift of appreciation from me"

Heeseung smiled when he saw the two of them finally interacting.  He quickly left Jay's room to give them some space .

"I just did what was right, Mr Wong's actions should definitely be acted upon"
Jay responded .

He took the container and thanked Joa, his heart jumped with joy when he took the container . Joa asks Jay to taste it right away because she wants to know how it tastes since this is Joa's first time cooking Italian food .

She cooked spicy garlic spaghetti for Jay, knowing the man grew up abroad, she thought that Jay would like Italian food more than Korean food .

The smell pierced Jay's nose, immediately making his tummy growl . He took the fork prepared by Joa and rolled some spaghetti on the fork .

He stuffed the spaghetti in his mouth, nodding in satisfaction . It took him a few minutes to detect the taste .
"It tastes good !!"

Joa smiled widely but her smile dropped in a nanosecond when Jay put the fork back and wiped his mouth with a tissue, it made Joa feel upset .
"You lied , right? It tastes bad that's why you only ate once"

Jay immediately shook his head , denying .
"N-no , It tastes very good ! Ha ha !!"

Joa frowned ,
"Let me taste it "

She was about to take the container but Jay pulled it away from him .
"It tastes good, you can trust me"

"If it tastes good, let me make sure of it"
Joa argued back .

Jay held the container tightly and prevented Joa from taking it, making Joa groaned in annoyance.  She finally walked up to Jay who was still sitting on the swivel chair and tried to take it but Jay raised it high in the air and prevented Joa from reaching it .

"J-Jay , give it to me ! I have to make sure of it !"
Joa huffed , tiptoeing to get the container from Jay .

Jay panicked ,
"T-trust me Joa , it tastes really good !"

Joa shook her head, refusing to believe Jay's words.  She was struggling to get the container but to her surprise, her heels slipped because she moved too roughly .

In the blink of an eye , she fell and sat on Jay's lap . Her both hands were on his chest as their faces were only a few centimeters away .

Both of them froze , too surprised with the sudden incident . Joa swore her heart would explode but she couldn't move away from Jay, she seemed stuck to him .

Joa faked her cough .
"I'm sorry for this indecent act, it was really unintentional"

Joa tried to stand up but Jay wrapped his arms around Joa's waist and pulled her to sit back .

"You know you have to pay for your actions"
Jay said to her , making Joa gulped in fear .

Jay pulled Joa closer to him until their noses almost touched with each other.  He stopped in the mid way once he could feel the tension between them increasing .

Jay's eyes averted towards Joa's plump lips, then turned towards Joa's eyes as if asking for a consent .

Joa blushed and unconsciously nodded making Jay's heart beated fastly . He reached for her chin and brushed her lips with her thumb .

He leaned towards Joa to close the distance between them, as their lips slightly brushed with each other, the door opened revealing Heeseung .

"Jay, it's lunch time— OWWW WHAT HAPPENED"

Joa's eyes widened, she immediately pushed Jay away causing the male to fall from his swivel chair.  Joa bowed to him .
"I'M SORRY MR PARK, I-I WILL GO FIRST !"

Jay groaned in pain, patting his aching back but Joa first ran out of his room . Heeseung approached Jay and helped him to stand up. The sectary felt guilty .
"Did I enter at the wrong time?"

Jay glared at him before rolling his eyes , he refused to talk to him . Heeseung sighed, his eyes then glued to the spaghetti in the container which she knew was cooked by Joa .

"I want to taste Ms Ryu's cooking!"
He grabbed the container and immediately stuffed a spoonful of spaghetti in his mouth .

"HEESEUNG , NO—"
Jay began to panic .

Heeseung munched the spaghetti wholeheartedly, but his chewing started to become slower and slower as the piercing taste began to greet his taste buds .
"OH GOSH, HOW MANY GARLIC DID SHE PUT IN THIS"

"IT FEELS VERY STINGING, AHH MY EYES ARE STARTING TO WATER"
"IT FEELS VERY STRONG"
Heeseung screamed for help, he fanned himself while looking for a water bottle .

Knowing there was no water bottle in Jay's room, Heeseung immediately took steps to escape to the nearby vending machine  .
"I NEED WATAHHHHHHH"

Jay shook his head, he knew that Joa had never cooked Italian food before so he didn't want to hurt her heart as she worked hard to prepare this .

He closed the container and thinking about fixing the taste so he could enjoy it, it would be a waste if he threw it away plus Jay didn't want to betray Joa's efforts .

In the next moment, he started to feel his tummy twist three hundred and sixty degrees .
"Damn it , the garlic taste is too strong... Ughhhhhh"

He stood up and immediately went to his private restroom in the office .
"AHHH MY STOMACH HURTS SO MUCH"

______

A/N : sorry for not updating for two days ... I'm at my grandma's house and the internet connection here was kinda sucks T__T