22 | leaked papers

The saddest part about losing someone you love is realizing that you can't live with them . You will not be by their side during their high and low . It is sad, especially if we sincerely love them wholeheartedly .

Joa just stared at the diamond -encrusted ring on her finger, her own choice had ensnared Joa into the scene of grief . The news of Jake and Saena's engagement really shocked Joa.  But, what’s even weirder is that Joa didn’t feel that pain for a long time .

She is not sad because Jake belongs to someone else but she is sad with Jay's attitude towards her earlier . The way she hurt her by pushing her roughly, the way he threw hurtful words ... Joa thinks more about Jay than Jake .

She fidgeted with her fingers .
"Why is Saena so special to Jay ?"

But, she starts to feel something weird when she doesn’t care about Jake’s engagement . Joa slowly held her chest to feel her heartbeat .
"Am I starting to like Jay?"

"No , no . It can't be ..."

"He is nice to me but I should not consider his action romantically"

"What should i do now , Heeseung ?"
Jay grunted in frustration, he messed with his own hair out of annoyance .

"I shouldn't be too sentimental and scold Joa like that since I'm the main mastermind of this fake engagement"

Heeseung sighed , he took a seat next to Jay and patted the younger's back .
"You are indeed guilty in this case of venting your anger on Ms.  Ryu "

Jay groaned ,
"I'm worried if Joa doesn't want to talk to me anymore.  What if she doesn't want to spend time with me? "

"Say don't want to feel awkward with her"

"I want us to remain friends and enjoy our day together"

"What should i do now , Heeseung ?"

Listening to Jay's words made Heeseung chuckled to himself .
"It's funny .. Jay, let me talk to you as a friend"

"You should be sad and worried about Ms.'s engagement.  Kang with your cousin"

"But instead, you're worried about Ms. Ryu's condition.  You worry if she gets hurt by your action"

"Jay, try to ask yourself "

"Who holds the key to your heart now ?"

Jay blinked his eyes multiple times .
"Honestly I really don't have feelings for Saena now "

"My feelings for her have come to an end since I feel it is pointless to admire a girl who doesn't appreciate me at all"

Heeseung nodded , rubbing his chin .
"So , why are you still engaged to Ms. Ryu? "

"Isn't the purpose of this engagement for revenge? "

"Since you don't want revenge anymore, I think you should end this engagement—"

Before Heeseung could finished his words , Jay suddenly stood up and exclaimed .
"I don't want to stop this engagement yet"

"It's still new, what will the media say if we break up after a month ? "

Heeseung surrendered by raising his arms .
"Whatever you say , mister director"

Jay annoyingly rolled his eyes before grabbing his car key , leaving Heeseung in confusion .

"Where are you going , Jay ?"

Jay continued his steps but didn't look back .
"I'm looking for Joa"