24 | counseling room

"I had injected sedatives into Aeri and she was asleep for now"

"Her condition is good but she may be traumatized due to this incident.  Her body has many scars and scratches"

"Please make sure she is not alone and take care of her "

Joa nodded and thanked the doctor.  Joa peered out of Aeri's room, watching her sleep peacefully after crying and screaming non -stop .

Joa sighed, at least a big problem was solved . It turned out to be Daeho who tricked Aeri.  He gave those leaked papers to her and told her that it was an exercise question.  During exam day, Aeri is surprised when all the papers are the same as the questions that Daeho gave .

Aeri wants to report this but Daeho threatens her to make Aeri a criminal and a thief of exam papers.  Aeri got scared because she knew people wouldn't listen to what she said because she is a student so she agreed to Daeho's condition to be his girlfriend .

At first, Aeri thought it was just a normal relationship. Daeho treated her with a princess treatment but day by day, Daeho began to show his other side and took advantage of her .

Aeri feels tired with him and decided to free herself and that's how they end up in the hospital and Daeho ends up in prison .

"Joa , how do you feel? ”
Jake asked with concern .

"I'm good, what about Jay?"

Jake hummed ,
"The doctor is treating him.  Thanks god he's not seriously injured "

Joa let out a sigh of relief when she heard that.  She approached a chair in front of Aeri's room door and sat there , Jake followed her like a lost puppy .

Noticing Joa's half exposed chest because of her button being pulled by Daeho, Jake took off his jacket and handed it to Joa .
"Wear this"

Joa understood his action and immediately thanked him . She wore the jacket, Jake's cologne hit her nostrils .

"Aish, you should zip up"
Jake knelt down and reached for the zipper, pulling it up so the jacket would cover Joa's entire body .

Joa's cheeks heated up but her stomach doesn't feel butterfly anymore, the excitement when Jake did the bare minimum to her now disappear .

"Where is Saena?  She must have been happy after the news of your engagement was aired "

Jake's heart dropped because of Joa's sudden question .
"Umm , she's at her family's house "

Joa nodded ,
"You are certainly happy to be with a woman you love , right ?'

Jake was deadpanned, how should he answer this question ? He awkwardly massaged his nape .
"Well , I'm not with the woman I love"

"Our engagement is for show only .  Saena's grandpa is very sick and he doesn't have much time.  His last wish is to see Saena marry a good guy"

"Only I am a man that her family knows.  We have no choice but to fulfill her grandpa's last wish"