5 | helping her family

"Can't you throw that stupid prevert out of school? "Jake groaned , plopping himself on Jay's couch

Jake groaned , plopping himself on Jay's couch .

"Bring me proof that he harassed our students and female teachers, I can't fire anyone without solid evidence "
Jay stated .

"Many students have spoken up about this last two months, can't you use those complaints as evidence? "

"Sorry man , those evidence is invalid because the previous director had thrown everything away and he was sentenced with punishment.  I think I need to give her a second chance.  who knows he has changed? "

Jake scoffed in disbelief ,
"Changed my foot , he is still the same pathetic loser "

Jay shifted his eyes away from his ipad towards Jake, arching a brow towards him "And why do you seem really bothered with his presence ?"

"I'm sure it's related to someone else, right ?"

Jake bit his bottom lips, debating with himself whether he should tell Jay that he was worried about Joa's safety here if Daeho was still in school .

"I just worry about our students, that's all"
He said before standing up and shoved his both hands inside his pockets .

Jake continued ,
"I want to go home first , do you have a lot of work? "

Jay shrugged his shoulders as a response to his cousin's question .
"I want to have dinner with Saena tonight"

Jake's mouth formed a circle ,
"Good luck mate"

He said before walking out of the director's room . The male teacher messed with his hair, feeling very fibrous lately.  As he walked in the car park area, his eyes glued on Joa who coincidentally came out of the main door as well .

"Ms. Ryu , do you want to go home too ?"
He asked her , making Joa laughed .

"Of course , It's almost night "

"I will go first before it is difficult to find a taxi ,"

Joa bowed a bit, was about to walk away but Jake quickened his pace .
"A taxi? Why don't you go home with your car?"

"My car broke down two days ago because a stupid brother of mine drove it and bumped with roadblocks"

"Mrs. Han always give me a ride but she came back early today because there was a family matter so I had to go home with a taxi"

Jake nodded ,
"Then , come with me . I can send you home "

"No , no , no , no ! I'm doing just fine , i can handle myself"
She politely refused Jake's good intention .

"Ayy , we are friends so don't be shy! "
He took the stack of student notebooks held by Joa. He gave her a gummy smile and signaled Joa to follow him .

Joa stared at him in disbelief as Jake was already walking to his car.  She quickly tailed him from behind and tried to stop Jake but the man kept the books in the back seat and opened the front seat next to the driver for Joa .

"Mr Sim , i can't—"

Jake pressed his lips together ,
"I do not accept rejection, so please.  Unless you want all your student's books brought to my house? "

"Then you have to drive to my house to take all of these books "

Joa clenched her hips ,
"Mr Sim , You will only make my job harder"

Jake innocently shrugged off his shoulders ,
"Well then , just let me send you home and everything will be easy for both of us"

"It's a win-win situation "

Sighing in defeat, Joa finally agrees to accept Jake's help.  She sat on the shotgun chair, totally speechless when in an expensive car . Never once in her lifetime did she touch nor approach a luxury car .

Jake couldn't hide his smile, luckily the dark night limited Joa's vision unless Jake would be so shy .

"Heyyo, this is your captain speaking. I'm Captain Jake . Today, we will enter into your heart so please open the door of your heart so this flight can continue its journey in an orderly manner "

Joa snorted upon hearing his childish remark ,
"It doesn't sound so convincing "

"Well, should we start the journey now?"

Jake hummed in response, trying so hard to hide his cheeky smile.  He carefully turned the steering wheel and left the school grounds .

It took about 30 minutes for the two of them to reach Joa's house, or better known as Fried Chicken Restaurant . Her parents run a fast food store, as her younger brother, Hwan, is a student at the university .

They got off the car, Jake also got out of the car to send Joa to the door even Joa forbade him from doing so .

"Thank you so much Mr Sim . I will surely treat you something nice later "

Jake grinned and shook his head ,
"No need to, just call me if you need help"

"What about tomorrow, how are you going to go to school ?"

"Do you want me to come pick you up?  I can, don't worry !"

Joa gasped ,
"No, I can—"

"RYU JOA , OUR KITCHEN IS ON FIRE, COME HERE QUICKLY !"
Her mum's scream startled them both .

Their eyes got wider, feelings of worry began to envelop themselves .
"M-my parents ..."

Jake quickly grabbed Joa's wrist and pulled her towards the restaurant as he tailed Joa's mum from behind . There were many people outside the restaurant which prevented Joa from getting inside .

They both stepped into the restaurant in amazement "Everything looks okay?"

"Mum, you said kitchen in fire. But everything looks good"

Her mum ignored Joa's words, she took two aprons and threw them to Jake and Joa.  Joa's dad came to them and passed a tray of fried chicken to the dumbfounded Jake .

"OUR KITCHEN IS ON FIRE, LOOK AT THE CUSTOMERS QUEUING OUT TO WAIT FOR THEIR TURN ?! "
Her dad said .

Joa look out, it's true there are crowds.  Their restaurant is also flooded with people already.  Now she understand what her parents meant . Without further ado, Joa grabbed a handful of her hair and tied it into a bun, it was time for her to work extra .

She donned the apron and quickly moved to a table, wiping the table and picking up empty glasses and plates so the other patron can use it .

"You can go now , Mr Sim . I'm sorry for burdening you a lot !"

Jake shook his head and approached Joa, helping her to pick up the empty glasses and put them in the basin .

"I can help you . We are friends , right ?"

"Friend in need is a friend indeed"

Before Joa could say something, her dad firstly pulled Jake's arm .
"SURE, SURE HELP US WITH THIS RESTAURANT!"

He tied the apron on Jake's body and gave him more trays . Joa's dad patted his shoulder ,
"THANK YOU, YOU ARE A GOOD FRIEND TO MY DAUGHTER !"

"NOW QUICK , GO SERVE AN ORDER FOR TABLE ELEVEN !!!!"

Jake nodded , rolling up his sleeves . Joa's mouth wide agape ,
"YOU MUST BE KIDDING ME , MR SIM !!"

"WHERE IS TABLE ELEVEN ?!"

"THAT'S TABLE FOUR !!"

"MR SIM , STOP NOW !"