18 | the dumpling owner

"Can we go home now ?"Jay scratched his non-itchy head, resigned to seeing Joa who was holding so much plastic food

Jay scratched his non-itchy head, resigned to seeing Joa who was holding so much plastic food . Joa is struggling to bring it all and Jay doesn't want to lend a hand .

"Can you walk a bit slower?"
Joa asked Jay . Jay stopped in the middle of the road, causing Joa to bump with his back. 

Joa groaned in annoyance .
"What's your problem ?!"

"I just walk as slowly as you want "
Jay replied , followed by a giggle by him .

"You don't walk slowly, you stop in the middle of the road "
Joa huffed . She decided to take a big step and leave Jay behind .

Jay bursted out laughing, he admired Joa from behind.  Although she was struggling to bring all those foods, she did not give up for the sake of her tummy .

"She looks cute"
Jay muttered .

As he was looking at Joa, his eyes widened when his fiancee seemed unaware of the existence of a drain in front of her .

"JOA , BE CAREFUL !"
Jay yelled .

Joa turned around since she thought Jay wanted to joke around her like he always do .
"Jay, stop playing— AHHHH"

In the blink of an eye, her heel got stuck in the drain , causing Joa to fall flat on her front .

Jay fastened his step when Joa screamed in pain as loud as she can.  He knelt close to her and held her shoulder .
"Ryu Joa, why are you so clumsy?"

"Are you hurt?  Do you want to go to the hospital? "

Joa shook her head, signaling that she was doing fine.  She then pointed her fingers at her packed food that had spilled on the ground .
"All my food is gone ..."

Jay sighed , rubbing his face in relief .
"We can buy again, what's important is that you don't get hurt "

He took a look at Joa's legs, gasping when her heel was broken due to the drain and he noticed the bruises around her ankle .
"You're not okay, and I'm sure you can't walk"

He immediately sat squatting ,
"Get on my back"

Joa's jaw dropped once the man offered her for a piggyback.  She immediately refused it because she didn't want to bother him and for sure, she was sure they weren't that close enough .

"No, I can walk"
Joa determined, trying to stand on her own soles but failed when the pain strangled her ankle .

"Just get on my back, my car isn't far from here so you don't have to worry about me "
Jay uttered .

After being persuaded by Jay, Joa finally gave up.  She got on his back and wrapped her arms around his neck.  Both hearts skipped a beat because of the unplanned touch .

Jay cleared his throat , grabbing Joa tightly so she doesn't fall . Joa's heart melted as she could smell man cologne from Jay, being this close was very bad for her .