Chapter 7

Few hours later..

Naruto and Sakura moved from the area they were in, with Sasuke's unconscious body. They were currently in a hollow tree that covered them up and gave them shelter.

Naruto was currently asleep, with the widest smile on his face that gave Sakura the creeps, it just didn't go with the usual cool and calm and scary Naruto.

Naruto told Sakura that Orochimaru blocked off Kurama when he used his sealing jutsu, and he was finally free to do what he wanted.

Hearing that made Sakura smile. Naruto has gone through so much with Kurama that it made her cringe when Naruto would tell her what she would do to his mind while he was asleep. The way Sakura believes, Naruto should be held the hero of the village and not Menma and Mito.

Sakura was standing watch, but was really tired. She stayed up all night, watching Naruto and Sasuke's bodies. She really was jealous, she wanted to sleep to….

She then through a kunai in the bush, hearing something in them.

What ran out wasn't what she expected.

A Squirrel…. Thought Sakura with a deadpan look. She then noticed something weird.

" Hey!" she yelled and ran to the squirrel, and took the explosive note off it, saving its life.

" Who would do that to a little cute thing like you?" she said as she rubbed the squirrel to her check, making the small mammal pure in delight.

Then, the squirrel was taken out of her hands. She turned around to see Naruto cut it's head of and start to pill the fur off.

" Naruto! Don't do that, it was so cute.." said a now sad Sakura.

Naruto then held the now pilled squirrel in his palm and used his fire chakra to cook It instantly, and took a bit.

" Your yelling woke me up. I'm glad it did though, we have company." He said as he looked in the trees.

" Yeah, I noticed." She said. She got a kunai out and wrapped a explosive tag around it and through it in the trees. When it exploded, three figures jumped down to dodge the blast.

" About time you all came out." Said Sakura as she looked at the sound team in front of them.

" We are not here for you two, we want the Uchiha." Said the middle one that was bent over.

" The Uchiha is asleep, come back some other time." Said Naruto to the hunchback.

" We don't care, we're here to kill him, so move out the way!" said Zaku, surprising the two.

" Why do you want to kill Sasuke-kun!" yelled Sakura.

" It's none of your business, so step aside." Said the girl on the sound team, Kin.

" My teammate is my business." Said Sakura in defense.

" It seems you don't want the easy way out of this, so will just take care of you now." Said Dosu.

" Don't make me laugh, with me and Naruto, we can beat anyone in this forest." Exclaimed Sakura.

" No, you will handle them on your own." Said Naruto.

" What, why!" yelled Sakura.

" Because, me and Sasuke have been doing most of the fighting during our missions, you just stood behind. This time it is you on your own. And if you fail-" Naruto then pointed at Sasuke," I'll let them kill Sasuke." He said as he sat down by Sasuke, picking his nails.

" Please, Naruto, don't do this." She pleaded.

" Shouldn't have been talking shit." He said.

Sakura huffed at him, and turned to her competition.