Chapter twenty-seven🫶🏼

Start from the beginning

My smile instantly dropped as I looked down at the clean tile floor. My head shot up at the sound of yet another voice. "I and Salv gotta go get some gear as well. Oh, and Angelo has to go with because he's out of his med shit." I walked around Marco and walked towards my room while they continued to talk.

So much for a secret. God how I just love being in a house full of stupid men!-note the sarcasm!

Once we arrived at the store which was this weird looking place with a giant Target on it we all got out of the car. When I say 'we' I mean everyone, including Luca because he needed pens. I don't understand why me and Marco couldn't go alone and just get a list. I wish that Romeo was here but that loser had practice.

According to Luca, we all had to stay in a group so that 'no one gets lost' more like so that Evelyn doesn't run off and hide. I grabbed Marcos's hand and quickly slipped away from the rest of the group as they looked at different things.

I practically ran with Marcos's hand in mine as I tried to look around for the products..." Woah there missy. Slow down, tell me what you need." I turned and glared at Marco and then felt embarrassment run through my veins.

I put my head down and muttered into my shirt. "products." I looked up and saw Marcos's face drop before he started to chuckle. I raised my eyebrows as he shook his head.

He pulled me into his side while walking towards the medicine aisle. Once we got there he started to grab random things and some pills. He turned and smiled at me. "All because we are men, doesn't mean we can't help. It's a normal thing, darling, don't be ashamed of it." I smiled up at him and nodded my head.

While we were walking a group of boys around my age looked at me with dark eyes and I started to feel uncomfortable as I shifted on my feet. Marco stopped by the book section and started looking at the books as I stood there awkwardly at his side.

A book caught my eye so I walked over to it, leaving Marco alone. I picked up the book and started to read the back when I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I turned and saw one of the boys that looked younger when far away but up close he looked about 19.

I smiled politely as I tried to move out of his way. "Not so fast cutie." I felt a hand on my shoulder and I froze in my spot. The boy walked around me and grabbed the book out of my hand. He started to read it and I felt something in the pit of my stomach grow...disgust.

I pulled my shoulder away from him and he glanced up and smirked at me. I looked behind him as I felt his hand on my waist as he pulled me closer. "Let's get to know each other Hm? I know your brother...what's his name...Romeo.?" I shook my head and tried to push him away but his grip got tighter.

I looked at the ceiling as I tried to blink the tears from my eyes. I felt a hand on my chest and I used all of my energy to push him away from me. He stumbled back a few inches and I took the time to slap him and walk away.

"Not so fast bit-" The boy stumbled on his words and I was confused until I glanced up and saw Marco standing over me, glaring at the boy behind me.

Marco's tone was cold and hard as he spoke. "Finish what you were saying. Go ahead." I had to check to see if it was still Marco and it was as he pulled me behind him.

The boy, with wide eyes and a shiny forehead, turned and practically ran away. Marco put his hand behind him and pulled my head into the side of his back as he sighed in relief. "Damnit kid, almost gave me a heart attack. Are you okay?" I nodded into his back and wrapped my arms around him as he started to walk.