Chapter twenty-six🫶🏼

Începe de la început

Salvatore bumped her shoulder and leaned down and whispered something into her ear. He sat back up and she looked up at him with tears in her eyes. I was about to make a comment when suddenly Evelyn did something totally unexpected and flung herself onto Salvatore.

I was expecting her to throw a punch or a hit but no. She just hugged him. I think it's safe to say that EVERYONE was shocked. Even Luca had his mouth slightly open. Rain looked at Lilith and shook his head as she tried to open her arms. I chuckled under my breath and covered it with a cough.

Salvatore sat there like a stick and looked around for help. Luca took the signal and nodded his head at Alessandro who slowly pulled her off of him. Luca spoke as she tried to compose herself once again.

"Good. Evelyn is a Leone, she doesn't need a man to help her. And I heard that you Zion, top of your class in Math, Sergio is the same way it's weird." I glared at Luca before taking another bite of my food.

Luca doesn't know how to speak without bringing up his work aka the fucking Mafia! Making every conversation with 'regular' people weird. The only person who doesn't know is Lilith and that's because her brother hasn't told her yet and I don't think he ever will.

Rain's father was the underboss of our dad. One night my father and Rain's father went out for a deal. Little did they know, it was a trap. My dad got out but Rain's dad wasn't so lucky as he got a bullet right through his skull. Rains whore of a mother remarried and in came Lilith.

Dinner went on as Lilith talked to Evelyn and Luca talked to Angelo. Evelyn didn't touch not one bite of food which made me a little upset but I chose to stay quiet.

I started talking to Salvatore when Zion stood up from his chair. He had his phone in his hand while he looked at Luca and gulped. "I have to go, thank you so much for dinner it was great. Bye Ev." Zion waited until Luca nodded his head once letting Zion practically run out of the house.

Once the front door closed everyone started talking again and the occasional sound of laughter came from the two girls that were talking about something that happened at school. I glanced over to see Evelyn's food gone.

She ate.

I blew out a breath of relief until I felt a slight pinch on my arm. I turned and glared at Romeo who just pinched me but he was looking up at someone. I followed his gaze and saw Rain staring at Evelyn's mouth as she spoke.

The maids came in and took our food away once we were all finished and once they were out of the way Luca sat up and looked at Angelo. Angelo nodded his head and Luca looked at Evelyn. "Evelyn. Why don't you show Lilith your room before she leaves, hm?" Both Lilith and Evelyn quickly got up and ran out of the room.

Rain was about to stand when I took my gun out and pointed it at his head. His eyes widened slightly as he looked around to see all of my brothers have a glare on their faces making his face pale.

I pointed my gun to the seat and he took the silent command and sat back down. Luca stood from his chair and walked over to the glass door that separates the dining room from the rest of the house and locked it.

With a small sigh, Luca hummed before speaking. "Remember your job or you and your little sister die. Do I make myself clear?" Rain closed his eyes and sighed slowly through his mouth. "Yes sir." Luca nodded and walked out of the room.