Chapter Twenty Three

James, Cassia, Sirius, and Regulus returned to Hogwarts after classes that day. Their friends knew Orion, Dorea, and Charlus were okay, but it was obvious their children were still coming to terms with what had happened. Regulus found Severus in a corner of the Slytherin common rooms quickly gaining the attention of the older boy who saw him approach. "Sirius and I think we're getting a step father," he said. Severus raised an eyebrow in response, "Thanatos kissed him," Regulus revealed.

"Finally," Severus responds.

"I know! I haven't seen Dad that shocked before," Regulus said, the two slipping into small talk.

"Are you going to be okay?" Cassia asked James. She had been by his side holding his and Sirius' hands, but had her attention solely on the Potter.

"I'll be alright," James responds.

"Are you sure?" Cassia asked.

"Yes, love, I'll be okay," he assured her, pulling her closer, causing her to let go of Sirius' hand. The three had entered the Gryffindor common room and Frank, Marlene, and Alice had rushed over seeing them, Marlene running into Sirius' arms and hugging him like she's been wanting to since the news about his father being attacked came out. A certain redhead was watching in the background in jealousy.

Cassia pulled away from the hug reluctantly, kissing James on the cheek, and turning to Sirius, "You're getting a step father, you'll be fine," she said with a smirk making Sirius roll his eyes with a fond smile while Marlene's Aphrodite side came out, "They kissed?!" she shrieked and immediately covered her mouth. "They kissed?" she asked quieter.

"Yes, they did," Sirius confirmed. Cassia gave him a quick hug too and went to leave for the Ravenclaw common room, all of them noticing she kept checking on the two pranksters, especially James. "She really didn't want to leave," Alice notices as they wished the girl could've staid, but she needed to head back to the Ravenclaw dorms before Flitwick came for her.

"It's her fae side, she keeps checking on James more because they're more possessive over there mates," Marlene answered.

"I wonder if it's the same with Braeden. I noticed his fae side stays more hidden, but when it comes out, it seems to be searching for something while holding Cassia closer," James noticed, "But when Hecate is around, he's almost similar to what Cassia was just now to me," he adds. James knew fae were also protective over their offspring. He made sure to do his reading after finding out his mate was a fae.

Marlene's jaw dropped, "Is she his mate?" he asked. They all shrugged, they didn't notice two things though. A certain goddess who was checking on the demigods now having wide eyes, she had a certain fae to see; and the redhead who was now about to look into faes.

The next morning, Braeden had woken up Charlus and Orion and the three headed into the Ministry. The Ministry workers were all watching in shock as the three went through the building and into the Wizengamot meeting, "I unfortunately have to announce that Lords Potter and Black and Lady Potter have passed," Dumbledore announced.

"Wonder where you heard that from," Braeden spoke up loudly, his Irish accent coming out thicker as his anger rose seeing the man. He did not like having his daughter so close to the man and was thankful that he was descended from a Hogwarts Founder and knew the school would protect his little girl.

Dumbledore froze hearing him, he turned and to his shock, Orion Black and Charlus Potter were standing next to him. "Lord Potter, didn't you tell me Lyall Lupin had attacked you under Dumbledore's orders?" Braeden asked Charlus. The Wizengamot was watching in shock.

"Yes, I believe he said, 'Dumbles is going to get me off the hook for experimenting and torturing werewolves for fun if I kill you,'" Charlus said.

"Lord Black, what about you?" Braeden now asked Orion.

"Imagine my surprise when my ex-wife shows up blabbering about how she can't believe she's working with Albus Dumbledore of all people, and then attacked me," Orion said.

"Oh, and let's not forget about Lady Potter," Braeden continued making Dumbledore pale. Orion and Charlus stood with calm expressions, but their eyes said otherwise. They were angry and Charlus was trying so hard to get his Collector to calm, to not attack the man that attacked his mate. Charlus didn't know how his son did it, Dumbledore had so many debts. "Because Lady Potter said she saw you, and you're the one to attack her..." Braeden trailed off. The Wizengamot knew why he trailed off; the three angry men and the pale headmaster were the clue. Attack the wizards all you want, but if you touch one of the witches they are close to whether it be sister, daughter, cousin, wife, you're in for some deep shit.

Braeden took in a deep breath, he knew he needed to get the other two out, "Do what you will with this information, but if the three aren't arrested, you will hear from us," he said and pulled the other two out. As they left they heard screams of disgust and saw Charlus holding out Dumbledore's robes the man had just been wearing in there by his finger tips, black and white eyes shining proudly.

(A/N: THANK YOU FOR 1K FOLLOWERS! I decided to post early, but I am still having a few personal things to take care of and I don't need to be stressing myself over having to update. I do not know the next time I will update yet)