Chapter Five

James POV

Sirius and I snuck out of the dorm and found Frank waiting in the hallway to the stairs, we had begun to start the workout the demigods did in the morning. It helped that the brothers and I were all Quidditch players but it was still a bit different. This had also been the times where some others did what they need to keep their demigod abilities in check for the day. I had started working on sparing with my blade. I was able to use a Stygian Iron blade no problem, and because of my heritage I was able to practice with a scythe. Of course it was a fake scythe for now, but still a scythe. Regulus was watching Sirius do his exercises in his dog form as he would run around and use his senses to find specific demigods. It was explained that the guards, aka Sirius, Regulus, and Pandora, would be more watchful over the specific ones in their Hogwarts house but still be mindful over everyone else. Pandora had Xeno and Pandora, Sirius had Frank, Alice, Marlene, and technically me, while Regulus only had Severus, but they were still aware of the others. Regulus had time, but he was told by Orion that if he didn't accomplish his animagus form that he will be forced into it when he turned sixteen, maybe earlier if a new guard was truly needed. Right now, he had the mandrake leaf in his mouth, a storm was coming and he wanted to do it now.

Cassia was making opponents using the Mist or summoning skeletons for more advanced fighting. Having Hecate as her mother, her magic was quite a bit stronger at night so she would practice other abilities, like dream manipulation. She sometimes appeared in my dreams and we would be talking and then pick up the conversation later. She told me she sometimes would practice the ability if she knew one of the others were having a nightmare and would help them out and take it away, unless it was a demigod dream, then she couldn't do anything. She gets a bit of a mischievous side I've been told because sometimes she will throw fire at their feet to make sure they still pay attention to their surroundings.

Marlene was practicing with her spear and was a bit of a distance away so she didn't affect somebody else as she was also practicing with her charm speak. She went full out with the skeletons she would fight, they still had a brain, it was a bit creepy to look at. Sometimes she fought the others to practice too. Those who knew Occlumency could fight it, Cassia could also, her mother had created empousae so she would naturally be able to avoid being possessed.

Frank was working on his plants, he could summon certain plants and use them as a defense. He also knew his emotions changed when the seasons did, Alice pointed out they change like the plants do. In the autumn, he is a bit more hotheaded and busy, hence why he took a swung at Snape after he made those comments about Alice. In the winter, he was a bit more subdued and lazy, the spring made him joyful and excited, while the summer was the same and he just was a fun person to be around.

Alice was practicing her archery, she would have used her light abilities if it work against people that Cassia summoned. Marlene would tease Alice about the fact if she got anxious in a dark place, she would naturally start glowing. According to Pandora, Hades had said Apollo did the same a lot when he was younger, more specifically when Artemis had separated from him. Alice was the opposite of Cassia and her magic was stronger in the day time when the sun was up.

Xeno was actually practicing with Cassia now, he was with Frank before practicing making vines. Him and Cassia were actually practicing with just abilities, him with his illusions and vines, and her combating the illusions with Mist and vines with fire.

I remember Xeno telling me that his father had taught him the illusions, he said that to some certain extent, the gods do care for their children in some way, even if they go through all these prophecies and can't/don't communicate with them. Ares sends his children weapons he knows is suited for them, Apollo will pitch in to get demigods back to safety and help his children learn about certain medical things and if they gained the ability of foreknowledge/prophecy, Hephaestus sends tools to his children that he knows will know how to use them, just to name a few. The ones that are also in the Wizarding World get a bit lucky, they can be around longer before somebody notices because Hecate will block them as if they were in the Underworld. Hecate has taught Cassia how to use her Mist ability and helped Xeno pick it up too. Hades taught her to shadow travel which in turn she is teaching the brothers and I to begin using shadow travel by going into shadows but not necessarily using the travel aspect yet. Hades also helped Braeden teach Cassia to summon spirits and skeletons. Apollo, like the rest of his kids, will help his children with certain abilities they gained from him as he does have so many domains. The first thing he taught the kids he could meet was a headache remedy for their siblings who happen to have a foreknowledge or prophecy ability or for any children of Hecate they come across with the crossroads ability. He taught that to Alice so now she makes it for Cassia, Pandora (even though she was also taught it), and herself. It was advised that I may also have it start taking it too. Apollo also taught Alice how to control her light ability and how to calm herself if she starts to see herself glow. Aphrodite had been helping Marlene with her charm speak and how to know if she is using it so she wouldn't do it unconsciously. Aphrodite is actually more of a mother to her children who are not obsessed with shopping, she found out those children (the ones not obsessed with shopping) tend to be the children of the men she favored a bit more than others. Demeter taught Frank to control his plants and then he really just quickly hid from her. Frank, Cassia, Braeden, and Hades, all hide when Demeter arrives in the Underworld.

After practicing, it was time for breakfast. We all changed into our uniforms that we brought with and went down to the Great Hall. I pulled Cassia over to sit with me, "Potter! She can't sit here!" Evans yelled, gaining the attention of everybody else close to us.

"What's the problem?" Minnie sighed as she came over.

"She can't sit here," Evans repeated, pointing at my precious hopefully-soon-to-be girlfriend who was tucked into my side, not liking the attention.

"Professor, does anywhere in the rules say you can't sit at another table. I believe it said that you can sit anywhere unless it is a Feast," I said. Minnie had turned to Evans, "He is right, it is just a meal, Ms. Le Fay can sit where she wants," she said before leaving back up to the table.

"So," I spoke up, catching Cassia's attention again, "You, me, Hogsmeade date this weekend?" she gave me a big smile and nodded. I just so happen to hear Sirius ask Marlene, politely, and yes, I mean politely, if she would also have a Hogsmeade date with him, to which she nodded and Sirius also wore a big smile.